PDA

View Full Version : A6 Avant Le Mans Tyres

rowanlaw
29-03-2009, 03:41 PM
Hi All,
My Michelins are reaching the end after some 15000 miles and need replacing. They are 255/35/19. Bridgestones have been suggested. I'm looking for quieter tyres than the Michelins and something that will last longer. (Continetals have also been suggested but I understand they are noisy)
Any other suggestions?
Many thanks in anticipation,
Rowanlaw

A6 Avant 3.0 Quattro Le Mans.

paul b
30-03-2009, 03:30 PM
Hi All,
My Michelins are reaching the end after some 15000 miles and need replacing. They are 255/35/19. Bridgestones have been suggested. I'm looking for quieter tyres than the Michelins and something that will last longer. (Continetals have also been suggested but I understand they are noisy)
Any other suggestions?
Many thanks in anticipation,
Rowanlaw

A6 Avant 3.0 Quattro Le Mans.
I recommend Bridgestone. I've got Bridgestone Potenza RE050As on my A6 and they're brilliant. Conti's are noisy.

Which Michelins do you have at the moment? The Primacys are supposed to last a bit longer than the PS2, but I've tried both and didn't really notice.

rowanlaw
30-03-2009, 09:22 PM
Many Thanks paul b. I'll give the bridgestones a shot. I got a deal with Audi when I bought the car to get tyres at cost so Ill see what they come in at. (PS2s at the moment)

Lee Sewell
30-03-2009, 09:38 PM
Hello,
I also have the bridgestones, very good, but, I know that the Michelins last a long time. I am particular with my tyre pressures and my bridgestones don't seem to be doing the best mileage, although to be fair, most of it is round town now. Sorry to mix it up a bit, but i think all i'm trying to say is, the bridgestoanes are very good, but you may get more mileage out of the michelin!

paul b
31-03-2009, 09:00 PM
Many Thanks paul b. I'll give the bridgestones a shot. I got a deal with Audi when I bought the car to get tyres at cost so Ill see what they come in at. (PS2s at the moment)
Something extra to bear in mind, the Bridgestones give a bit more protection to the rim because of the shape of the sidewall. Normally you wouldn't need to worry, but if you've got a wife who kerbs wheels then it could be very important! :D

The Michelin Pilot Primacys are said to last 30% longer than the PS2s, however I've tried both and didn't notice any difference.

Hello,
I also have the bridgestones, very good, but, I know that the Michelins last a long time. I am particular with my tyre pressures and my bridgestones don't seem to be doing the best mileage, although to be fair, most of it is round town now. Sorry to mix it up a bit, but i think all i'm trying to say is, the bridgestoanes are very good, but you may get more mileage out of the michelin!
Don't be sorry, we're all here to share our own experiences. :)