PDA

View Full Version : vent illumination and other issues with B6 a4

brendanh
29-03-2009, 12:20 AM
Hi all,

I have a registered version of vcds 805 and am working on a 2001 B6 audi A4 and have a few questions.

1 Does this early version of a4 b6 have a can interface because mine does not.

2 I cannot access the door modules 42,52,62,72 is this a fault or related to question 1

3 Is it possible to activate the vent illumination with vcds as they seem to be wired but not working.

4 I have a problem with the passenger door going from showing closed to showing open when closed which sets off the alarm at night when locked draining the battery i have also found that although it initally showes locked it is not realy locked. Is there any way to reset the door electronics with vcds.

Thanks for any help in advance.

paul b
29-03-2009, 10:52 AM
Hi all,

I have a registered version of vcds 805 and am working on a 2001 B6 audi A4 and have a few questions.

1 Does this early version of a4 b6 have a can interface because mine does not.

2 I cannot access the door modules 42,52,62,72 is this a fault or related to question 1

3 Is it possible to activate the vent illumination with vcds as they seem to be wired but not working.

4 I have a problem with the passenger door going from showing closed to showing open when closed which sets off the alarm at night when locked draining the battery i have also found that although it initally showes locked it is not realy locked. Is there any way to reset the door electronics with vcds.

Thanks for any help in advance.
1) No your car is not CAN-BUS. Your car can be scanned with a CAN interface but it can also be scanned with a KII interface.

2) From memory I think that's normal, the controllers may not be working because you don't have the options fitted.

3) Should be there from factory, highly doubt its a coding issue.

4) Run an auto-scan and if the door control module reads a fault then you need to clear it. If the code returns you need to post the code here if you require help.

brendanh
29-03-2009, 03:26 PM
1 I am using a usb hex+can interface which was a lot more useful on a 2007 skoda octiva i scanned than my own car.

2 When you mean not have the options fitted do you mean not have electric windows and central locking or is there yet another computer fitted just for those electrics or a better ccu under the seat that has thiese options.

3 I know its a coding issue to switch on puddle lights but needs to be coded through door modules.

4 my latest scan
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 46: Central Conv. Labels: 8E0-959-433-MAX.lbl
Part No: 8E0 959 433 AJ
Component: Komfortgerát T9F 0619
Coding: 06859
Shop #: WSC 63351

4 Faults Found:
01134 - Alarm Horn (H12)
49-00 - No Communications
01572 - Alarm triggered by Door Contact Switch; Passenger Side
35-00 - -
01366 - Opened Due to Crash Signal
35-00 - -
01559 - Drivers Door
60-10 - Won't Safe - Intermittent

The alarm horn fault is because it started beeping all night so i removed it and Opened Due to Crash Signal came up because i ran an output test on vcds.

Where can i buy the workshop manual for the 130tdi as the american site seems to have only petrol models.

paul b
30-03-2009, 02:34 PM
1 I am using a usb hex+can interface which was a lot more useful on a 2007 skoda octiva i scanned than my own car.

2 When you mean not have the options fitted do you mean not have electric windows and central locking or is there yet another computer fitted just for those electrics or a better ccu under the seat that has thiese options.

3 I know its a coding issue to switch on puddle lights but needs to be coded through door modules.

4 my latest scan
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 46: Central Conv. Labels: 8E0-959-433-MAX.lbl
Part No: 8E0 959 433 AJ
Component: Komfortgerát T9F 0619
Coding: 06859
Shop #: WSC 63351

4 Faults Found:
01134 - Alarm Horn (H12)
49-00 - No Communications
01572 - Alarm triggered by Door Contact Switch; Passenger Side
35-00 - -
01366 - Opened Due to Crash Signal
35-00 - -
01559 - Drivers Door
60-10 - Won't Safe - Intermittent

The alarm horn fault is because it started beeping all night so i removed it and Opened Due to Crash Signal came up because i ran an output test on vcds.

Where can i buy the workshop manual for the 130tdi as the american site seems to have only petrol models.
I think the whole problem is the CCU (Central Convenience Unit/Module) that you will find in the passenger footwell, under the carpets. The CCU will probably be green/blue with corrosion. Use the search box at the top of the page and search 'Plenum Chamber'. Remove battery and associated bulkhead panels and under the battery you will find a drain hole, it is most likely there is a pool of water there. Clear the drain hole. Do the same on the other side under the brake servo, although you can reach them without removing the servo.

brendanh
30-03-2009, 11:04 PM
Ok fingers crossed i may have solved the door problem.
i had already ripped out the door lock and stripped it down ,
it is made up of two parts the mechanical part and the electrical part (in a plastic box).
The two parts can be separated so i broke them down and checked each part and they both seemed fine so i reassembeled them. The electrical part contains 2 motors 2 microswitches and a circuit board. Motor 1 moves a slider which pulls on a lever on the mechanical part locking the door and releasing a microswitch reporting the door locked and the second motor then slides a locking lever inside the box deadlocking the door and striking the second microswitch. A wire comes out from the box connected to a 3rd microswitch which is fitted onto the mechanical part which will be struck by lever on the mechanical part when the door closes telling when the door is closed/open.

When i reassembled the two parts the first time i may not have connected the lever from motor 1 with the mechanical slider or it slipped but the result was that on locking the door the motor done its job and reported a locked door to ccu but the lever had not actually been pulled on also if the third microswitch becomes only slightly dislodged it may not be activated on door closing or slip later on because the amount of contact between the two parts is minimal which may have been my problem first off.

I have reassembeled and tightned up the 3rd microswitch seating and all so far is well. Also checked the wiring between car body and door and there was no sign of breakage.

I dont believe that the ccu could be dead as i have already been through that 1 1/2 years ago when the whole passinger door died no electric window, central locking (with the door locked and no key slot on that side)or electric mirror and the interior lights went nuts and the reason was a dead ccu but it was not wet.

Brendan

paul b
31-03-2009, 09:14 PM
*Fingers crossed!*