PDA

View Full Version : VAG 5053 adaptaion issues

themikeindy
28-03-2009, 09:28 PM
Set-up> 2003 audi A6 quattro and vag 5053 memoscan.

OK, so I bought a cheap scanner (not VAG-COM, but works, kindof).

I can use the scan tool to check fault codes and erase, them if I see fit. I can also access the brake and transmission electronics. The problem is anything besides those 3 menus, the tool tells me that I do not have a proper connection. This makes no sense to me, as It just worked and read some codes.

I am trying to access the central locking module to make some adjustments. I just want to roll my windows down with the remote lock and maybe auto lock my doors at 15mph. I found all the codes to do this and I have a hand-held scanner. I just want to play around why is it so complicated???

Any Ideas?

onzarob
28-03-2009, 09:46 PM
I've not seen that type of scanner, soes it allow adaptions? I notice that with the handhelds one will do service reset and fault code reading...then another more expensive version will do eveything.

I'll have a look on google and see ehat I find :)

themikeindy
28-03-2009, 09:58 PM
It does have menus for adaptations and the manual says that adaptations are available as well.
http://www.memoscan.cn/en/showproducts.asp?Cid=12

onzarob
28-03-2009, 10:11 PM
Just been reading that, looks as if it should be working, does it have the latest firmware install. V1.4?

That may help, but the support site doesn't say what the upgrade fixes.

If you have no luck see if you can get someone to try another reader on the car, or try yours on another VW/Audi and see if the problem stays. So then you should know if its the tool or the car ;)

diagman
14-06-2009, 11:04 PM
Hi I use a Memoscan on a daily basis, its very handy. The main draw back is the information in the hand book is far too basic. I suggest you look at the info on VAG site as the adaptation you need will be listed there.
Bill