PDA

View Full Version : Cv joint removal

rjohnson
27-03-2009, 09:48 PM
hi guys HELP urgent help iam replaceing n/s outer cv boot everything is spilt eg ball joint shaft is out of hub ,but i cant for the life of me remove cv from shaft tried rubber mallet without success ,the kit come with a circlip which i presume is holding it on any ideas much apprieciated

discobarry
29-03-2009, 09:37 AM
If they are the same as the Passat type CV Joints then they should just knock off, they can be pretty stuck on sometimes....try a proper hammer, i'm sure you'll have it off by now anyway.

When you put it on if it struggle to go over put the bolt into the cv joint and then hit it in so you don't damage the end of the cv joint.

rjohnson
29-03-2009, 11:58 AM
If they are the same as the Passat type CV Joints then they should just knock off, they can be pretty stuck on sometimes....try a proper hammer, i'm sure you'll have it off by now anyway.

When you put it on if it struggle to go over put the bolt into the cv joint and then hit it in so you don't damage the end of the cv joint.

stuck on ! i have ended up removing the complete shaft ,2 garages have tried in vain to remove the cv from shaft without success, i have had to fit a stretch boot on rather than vw orginal,iam looking to buy a new complete driveshaft as not happy at the possible damage the cv joint has taken ,imo i would never again try to fit orginal cv boot ,the garages i spoke to said same go stretch boot way!