PDA

View Full Version : A5 ordering options

spidermike
27-03-2009, 01:14 PM
Hi All

Couple of questions on options/ordering for new A5 if anyone has experience of (dealer didn;t know) thanks

Is it possible to have full size spare? When I ordered my A4 cab 5 years ago space saver was standard, but for no extra cost I could get full size alloy and tyre - and boot space is exactly same!

What's the difference between Valcona and Milano leather (other than £300 :) I'll probably keep the car 3-4 years and do 60k + so is it worth the upgrade??

Aux in on standard radio, can I plug iPod into this and play? Can it be controlled with multifunction steering wheel or is iPod connector only way?

Many Thanks
Mike

tlionhart
27-03-2009, 01:26 PM
Hi All

Couple of questions on options/ordering for new A5 if anyone has experience of (dealer didn;t know) thanks

Is it possible to have full size spare? When I ordered my A4 cab 5 years ago space saver was standard, but for no extra cost I could get full size alloy and tyre - and boot space is exactly same!

What's the difference between Valcona and Milano leather (other than £300 :) I'll probably keep the car 3-4 years and do 60k + so is it worth the upgrade??

Aux in on standard radio, can I plug iPod into this and play? Can it be controlled with multifunction steering wheel or is iPod connector only way?

Many Thanks
Mike

I am unsure about the space saver.

As for the leather, well the quality is slightly better. Its up to you with that option. I have been in an A5 with milano and its really nice. A preference thing. In my opinion i wouldn't upgrade as leather is leather. Back-zip pockets, etc wears them all down. Especially if your getting rid in 3-4yrs, you won't really benefit from it. Especially at trade value...With that money i'd rather have the novelty of electric front seats (don't think they are standard anymore)

As for the AUX, i think this is new on A5's built after mid 2008. The one i viewed was a 57'plate. If it's the same as the A3, No. I'm not sure if its available on the A5, but the USB adaptor is prob better. In my opinion. The only thing with the AUX-ipod is you can turn the volume up/down on the steering wheel. To change tracks has to be on the device. If your getting the A5 with symphony. You can store music on an SD card and use that instead of the ipod/usb. (if i remember the symphony had the SD card facility, but you'll need to check that)

As for the spacesaver question, your prob have more luck with an answer here; http://www.a5oc.com/forums/

Last time i looked and priced out an A5 was before the S-line was released. Think things have changed between all variations.

spidermike
01-04-2009, 03:40 PM
Thanks for taking the time to reply..

Is it possible to specify the tyres (not just wheels) ?

Is it possible to order the chrome rolled exhaust on a 4 cyclinder Sport? Read somewhere that this can be itemised/£55 but no longer showing on Audi web site.

Thanks

Neerazan
02-04-2009, 12:44 PM
Thanks for taking the time to reply..

Is it possible to specify the tyres (not just wheels) ?

Is it possible to order the chrome rolled exhaust on a 4 cyclinder Sport? Read somewhere that this can be itemised/£55 but no longer showing on Audi web site.

Thanks

Hi mate

I don't think you can specify tyres, no. I tried when I ordered mine and was told I couldn't.

Also, the chrome rolled exhaust tips are a definite recommendation and they are dealer fit only (not factory fit). Beware, the dealer will probably charge you more for putting them on. It's a doddle to do and you can save yourself money if you do it yourself.

Check this thread (http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/1-8t-owners-2598/index.html) on the A5 owner's club forums.