PDA

View Full Version : Central Control MMI

Nabs
27-03-2009, 10:25 AM
I am looking at the new 2lt TFSI sline and think the Sat Nav is rather overpriced. I however am not keen on the central console's bareness - anyway to have an MMI central control set retrofitted/ fitted without the SatNav?

Jop
27-03-2009, 11:37 AM
The short answer: NO

The Long answer: NO

I totally agree, but went for sat nav as I really couldn't get to grips with the blandness of the centre console without it.

It is awesome and would recommend it. The positioning of the controls is (IMO) much better than the non-nav version.
With your arm on the armrest you have complete control of the MMI.

There is also more to DVD-nav than you expect. In the trade its referd to as MMI High Preparation, and the back end is connected by fibre optic.

Also, I think DVD-nav is worth more when it comes to resale over non nav models. Although other's may disagree

AZO1
28-03-2009, 11:21 PM
I'm in agreement with Jop.

Try for a hefty discount on the Nav - which also helps ;)

Nabs
30-03-2009, 05:10 PM
Unfortunately still outside my budget - nevermind maybe next car.

Jop
30-03-2009, 07:07 PM
you'll be surprised, My DVD Nav was nicely discounted as I told the salesman I wouldn't buy the car without it. Mind you, this may of meant that I didn't get the complete total price discount. - Just another way of working the numbers.

Also, if you think about it, only costs you less than half of £1750 as this option defiantly adds to resale value.

AZO1
30-03-2009, 10:35 PM
I agree.
I estimate with discount SatNav came in below £1,000 and when collecting the car it was mentioned that around £1,000 is added to resale if the car has Nav. Seems enough justification for me :)
Also the integrated Nav functionality is good