PDA

View Full Version : Help Please

gtt
19-03-2007, 08:33 PM
Hi All, I was driving my 2001 tt roadster home on the highway this morning when all of a sudden I pushed the accelerator and found that I was losing power. The engine was still running, I tried to down shift, it revved a little higher but still no acceleration. Finally after a minute or so, and some quick lane changing all of a sudden the accelerator came back to life. This happened two or three times this morning. Does anyone know could this be a) water in the fuel, b) fuel filter, or c) fuel pump? Or how to check. I live in New England and the weather has been really screwy. I appreciate any advice or help you can give.
Thanks,
G

smiler708
26-03-2007, 11:04 PM
This may not be related! I experienced a similar situation (following a 'bump' to the side from a large articulated lorry!). It turned out that the streering wheel and the front wheels were out of line. The ESP thought that the car was going round a corner when infact it was going straight, got confused and applied the breaks, reduced power etc. I was travelling along a straight road at about 60mph when sudenly the power vanished and the car slowed to about 15mph. It was quite a straight forward job to realign the wheels and streering - never happened again! :o