PDA

View Full Version : Centre caps for 17' RS4 style alloys

Timbo19
26-03-2009, 11:50 PM
Hi! I'm after some RS4s for my A3.. but would like the chrome style ring around the centre caps. Nowhere seems to sell them - not even eBay! I can't find them anywhere!

Check out
http://www.magwheel.com.au/Images/Audi-RS4.jpg
to get a rough idea.

Does anyone know where I can get 4 for a reasonable price?

Cheers guys, help much appreciated.

Corb2000
01-04-2009, 10:52 AM
I have 18" RS4 style replica alloys on my A4 cabrio, when I bought the car the wheels had chrome centre caps which were badly pitted so I have just replaced them with the standard 'brushed stainless' look audi plastic centre caps, ebay - £65 for a set of 4. These needed a bit of adaptation to make them fit the replica wheels, had to snap some of the lugs off the back, but now sit very neatly and securely in the wheels.

Looked on web everywhere for chrome centre caps but with no success, suspect they may only be supplied with replica wheels and likely to be of poor quality if mine are anything to go by.

Timbo19
01-04-2009, 11:39 AM
Great! Thanks for the help!

I think you must be right, they must only come with the replicas, and after hearing your story I think I'll just stick to the standard 'brushed stainless' look!
Tell me, what's your cabrio like? Does it really drink the petrol? I'm after one of them myself after my A3, but I'm a student at the moment so don't really have the cash! Pros and cons?

Cheers :)

Corb2000
01-04-2009, 06:03 PM
Just wrote you a long reply as a pm only to find I don't have enough posts to send pms yet and it then deleted everything I'd written :mad:

As far as 3.0 cabrio goes, don't buy one if economy is important. Best I've seen was low 30s over a slow moving motorway trip but 24/25 is more like it around town / on normal roads. I've got gear selector buttons on the steering wheel so find myself using them quite a lot just to hear the V6 sing.

I drove a 2.5tdi but these seem pricey and a diesel convertible just offends me a bit. I had a 1.8T A6 a while ago so wanted a change and the 2.4 has the same mpg and emissions as the 3.0 so can't see the point of the smaller, slower V6.

I'm having the oil and filter changed in my multitronic gearbox as this seems to be the weakest link. The auto is a nice smooth drive though.

My A4's non standard 18" wheels are a bit harsh when combined with the sports suspension so I'm shopping for a set of 17" wheels instead. The 18"s do look good though.....