PDA

View Full Version : Ibiza alternator

Wavie
26-03-2009, 08:16 PM
I'm looking to purchase an re-conditioned alternator rather than brand-new, but am unsure as to what alternator to purchase?
I have a 2003 1.4s 16v Ibiza (the 75bhp one, not the 100bhp)

Help appreciated...:beerchug:

zollaf
26-03-2009, 11:01 PM
welcome. most alternators that you find in car spares shops are reconditioned. in fact the motor trade has been recycling by using re-built units such as engines, gearboxes, starters and alternators long before the word recyling was invented.if you go into a motor shop and give them your reg number, they should be able to provide the correct unit. you will however have to return your old unit to them, to be rebuilt and used again. and people say cars arent environmentally friendly:approve:.

Wavie
27-03-2009, 01:18 AM
Thx, I actually spoke to a shop who still asked me to find out the exact alternator, i thought the reg would have been enough for them to know... :zx11:

zollaf
27-03-2009, 09:51 AM
sometimes there are different alternators fitted to the same cars, but they should be able to do it from the reg, as they can do a dvla search and get the chassis no. and engine code. i would either try another supplier, or youll have to find a part number off yours.

w84pcg
20-04-2009, 08:27 PM
Hello. The alternator will have a number stamped on it so replace it with the same type.