PDA

View Full Version : Temporary power loss (100bhp tdi)

KevinR
26-03-2009, 11:08 AM
Got another problem that hopefully someone knows what it is.

Basically the Polo (100bhp tdi sport) is losing engine power for a split second. Last night was the first time it happened to me, was going up a slight hill in 3rd around about 25mph and there was no power at all, all lights were still on, radio etc and there was no funny noises. As i said its a split second, you dont even have time to take your foot off the accelerator so when the power comes back you get thrown back in your seat.

It happened to my gf last week and she was going about 70mph when it cut out for a split second.

Does anyone have any ideas? dirty maf maybe?

Oh another problem this morning!

Gf started the car and it was idling and then it conked out. I think another trip to the garage awaits :(

See when they clear codes from the ecu thats only really a temporary fix isnt it? surely if a error code appears on the ecu then there must be a reason for it, is that right?

damisnang
30-03-2009, 08:04 PM
It might b your fuel pump

ChrisH1098
16-04-2009, 12:23 PM
:(Sorry no suggestions with your problem but thought you might be interested in a turbo upgrade?

I have a spare turbo from a recent rebuild if your interested just get in touch.

KKK Turbo Fabia VRS Polo or Golf upgrade
Turbo came of a 2005 Skoda Fabia 130bhp which had about 41k miles on the clock and is in excellent condition. It may also be able to be used to upgrade a Polo 100PD, Golf 110 or Golf 115bhp engine.

Regards:beerchug:
Chris

KevinR
16-04-2009, 01:01 PM
:(Sorry no suggestions with your problem but thought you might be interested in a turbo upgrade?

I have a spare turbo from a recent rebuild if your interested just get in touch.

KKK Turbo Fabia VRS Polo or Golf upgrade
Turbo came of a 2005 Skoda Fabia 130bhp which had about 41k miles on the clock and is in excellent condition. It may also be able to be used to upgrade a Polo 100PD, Golf 110 or Golf 115bhp engine.

Regards:beerchug:
Chris

Hmm is it just a case of swapping them over?

This is our first diesel so i dont know that much about them you see.

ChrisH1098
16-04-2009, 01:16 PM
Diesels lend them selves to power upgrades by a simple remap or bolting on bigger turbos intercoolers etc. :biglaugh:
I’d guess with little or no mods it would fit but I’m not totally sure I had all my engine upgrade & remap done by Jabbasports and they told me the engines it would fit. You could ring Nick at Jabbasport on 01733211779 & ask they are very helpful.
Cheers :beerchug:
Chris