PDA

View Full Version : To drive select or not on A4 sline?

Nabs
26-03-2009, 09:31 AM
Thinking about buying 2lt petrol Sline. Only managed to test drive a 1.8T as I have been to 4 Audi dealers in the Manchester area and none are able to get hold of a 2lt to test drive.

Happy with the 1.8T's drive but more punch would be better hence the 2Lt.

I have been reading about the drive select features and wondered if such were worth it. The roads around my house are rather bumpy, yet on the other hand I am used to driving a prelude with a lower suspension, so it may be useful to have the option to alter the suspension. Does the dynamic suspension actually make much of a difference?

Also in the 1.8T I found the steering was lighter to what I am used to, although my previous car was lighter still. Usually it is simply a matter of getting used to the steering - but how much difference does the drive select steering make? It seems rather pricey to have both options.

Advice would be appreciated.

By the way are Audi prices set to rise is April? I heard a rumour

Jop
26-03-2009, 09:35 AM
i cant answer for drive select but on 2.0 TFSI and above you get dynamic power steering as standard.

This tightens up the steering at higher speeds and makes it nice and easy at low speeds and when parking.

I think its a great addition to the car that works really well

Nabs
26-03-2009, 09:56 AM
That may mean it is possibly to consider the dynamic suspension without the added steering option - better for my budget.

SportyB8
26-03-2009, 01:58 PM
With the exception of the B&O it's the next best option I had fitted to mine, use it all the time!

Well worth the extra, IMO

Scott

Nabs
26-03-2009, 09:22 PM
Jop/ Sporty which drive select would you suggest, the full package or simply part of the package.

Jop
27-03-2009, 10:02 AM
Sorry, I dont have any drive select. I did fancy it but it seems dependent on a few other options making it a quite pricey addition.

I simply have the dynamic power steering that is standard on all engines 2.0 (211) and above. (and an option on smaller)

SportyB8
27-03-2009, 01:42 PM
I have mine with the damper control option which is equally brilliant.

So in answer to your question, I would go for the full option, it's like driving three different cars in one!

Devlish
27-03-2009, 03:38 PM
I just love it, and in deed isīt like driving 3 different cars :)