PDA

View Full Version : first post

robtd
19-03-2007, 06:08 PM
hey guys

first post and im afraid its a boring one.

im looking to buy an audi coupe for less than a grand. iv seen a few i fancy but i was just wondering if you guys had any hints on common things to look out for when buying.

Also, any idea on fuel consumption - im looking at 2.0e, 2.2e or 2.3e probably.

sorry to be so boring

cheers

rob

san
20-03-2007, 11:14 AM
Firslty - welcome......:beerchug:

In answer to your question, I can only advise by my own experience - I bought last year a 93k 2.0e 16v & had initial problems of heater control panel in need of being replaced & the dash console (the sensor stopped working & something else which i forget). Also I am having problems with leaks, the boot seal & drivers door seal - been looking to replace since November but still no joy (not paying dealer prices for new !!)
Don't be deterred though... most items are available for relatively few pounds 2nd hand.....
Furthermore they are great cars & feel solid to drive, plus you feel a sense of exclusivety as you don't really see too many around....
Good luck !

robtd
20-03-2007, 02:02 PM
thanks san

im a bit gutted actually. iv just missed out on a lovely looking black f plate for sensible money.

the search continues...

i must find one by this weekend otherwise ill be stuck for getting to work!:zx11:

robtd
21-03-2007, 09:50 PM
1990 g reg 2.2e

83k on clock. any idea what its worth?

robtd
31-03-2007, 08:33 PM
well i bought the g reg - £800 quid with full history

knew it needed some suspension work on the front and a wheel bearing.

the wheel bearing turned out to be driveshaft bearing on gearbox so box coming out on tues for a refit.

love it though!

san
05-04-2007, 09:38 AM
£800 seems fair enough - paid £1400 for mine, just wish I had looked for higher spec, miss a sunroof !
Am also finding it really hard to source door seals, 6 months now & no joy :(
Good luck with the car though mate - despite the early problems, I love mine :Blush2:

raz1975
05-04-2007, 01:36 PM
Hello there,

Realised I joined this forum months ago and haevn't written anything. So, hello.
And, of course a question. Recently bought an Black 88 2.3 Quattro. It's pretty much identical to the one in your pics. Nice car.
I know they are known for having slightly loud fuel pumps. Mine was apparently changed recently for a supposedly better 2nd hand one. Thing is though, it still buzzin like mad which kinda drives me mad. Is it usual to constantly hear it. Also had the same noise from a 100 Quattro a few years back.

Raz

robtd
05-04-2007, 08:04 PM
mine buzzes like mad mate - i wouldnt worry about it.

i had a mark 2 golf gti that was the same too