PDA

View Full Version : 02 Audi A8 wont start

xxtino
25-03-2009, 09:46 PM
Hey, I have 2002 A8 and I really love it but lately I had starting issues...when I try to start it...it would hesitate little bit but it usually started on 2nd or 3rd try...today I was driving on the road and when I made right turn it just stopped and I could not turn my steering wheel or do anything...first I thought it was battery but my radio and windows and everything else seems to work fine...can anyone please hem me...if it's the fuel injector or what's causing this...thx in advance...

a8 tech
25-03-2009, 09:50 PM
fuel pump is a good area to start,but try to check for any fault codes as well fuel supply.the engine ecu multi plug can suffer from corrosion also

xxtino
25-03-2009, 10:00 PM
fuel pump is a good area to start,but try to check for any fault codes as well fuel supply.the engine ecu multi plug can suffer from corrosion also

Thanks, to check for any faulty codes, I assume you have to hook-up to the scanning device or something? Is there anything else that I can check myself or replace that may cause this? Is fuel pump is by the fuel tank? How can i check my ECU multi plug for corrosion? again thx for the help...