PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Air con pump required for A4 1.9 Tdi 2000

macaroon
24-03-2009, 09:19 PM
My audi A4 1.9 tdi 2000 125k mileage is in need of new/replacement air con pump, the pulley which drives the pump has come loose and dropped off and cannot be repaired.
How big of a job is it to replace and any suggestion on where is the place to buy new/re-conditioned?
OR
Can i omitt the fan belt loop over the air con pump as a temp fix?

Thanks in advance for any help advice/suggestion is welcome

darkhorse1001
25-03-2009, 12:17 AM
try these (http://alpinair.co.uk/) guys, used them before was the best price i found for NEW OEM part.

the only complication to changing a compressor is getting the system drained by someone with the kit to do it safely, but any garage offering an air con service should be able to. you risk environmental damage doing it yourself, not to mention severe frostbite or cold burns.

actually changing the compressor is realtively simple (at least it was on my 1.8 petrol, can't see many extra problems with a diesel) two unions for the gas, four (?) bolts to mount the compressor, one belt to remove and replace, and one electrical connection for the clutch.

just make sure you dont get any contaminants in the gasworks.

the system has a pressure activated cut out switch so the circuit wont run until you have the system recharged with gas.

edit: can't coment on bypassing the compressor with the belt, on my petrol it had its own belt and tensioner.