PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth phone

manic-vw
24-03-2009, 08:10 PM
Hi guys, I am hoping to order my Mk6 soon but was wondering if anyone has had theirs with the bluetooth phone prep and how is it functioning i.e. is it bonding with your phone OK, what other functionality do you have, and how is the sound quality at either end.
many thanks in advance for answers:beerchug:

nokiauk
25-03-2009, 10:57 AM
Not got mine yet but your phone needs to support RSAP (Remote Sim Access Protocol). This because the because the unit itself is a mobile phone and neets to take control of the SIM card.

the_crofter
29-03-2009, 07:08 PM
Got my new GT on Friday 27/03/09 and set up my Nokia 6021 in less than 15 minutes - paired first time. The system copies your phone's address book from the sim and/or phone. The functionality is absolutely superb - gives you access to multiple numbers e.g. office, mobile, home number etc, all displayed on the Multi-Function Display. Also tried it with a Nokia 3109 today and that works fine too.

manic-vw
30-03-2009, 07:54 PM
Thanks, I hope it works well with the samsungs as well.
I did have an Audi and the bluetooth on it was sweet!!.
does any one know if its the same system.

JoseSpring
31-03-2009, 07:52 PM
I've been looking into this too.
As a rule:-
It works well with Nokia's (it's a bit of Nokia kit that VW have used for the Bluetooth).
It works with some other phone (lists are available - try Wikipedia)
It DOESN'T work with current iPhones
Which is a shame, as I was going to get myself an iPhone. At least I found out in advance.

nokiauk
31-03-2009, 07:58 PM
I have read somewhere that the new iphone V3.0 software will enable bluetooth support on this new Bluetooth kit.

JoseSpring
31-03-2009, 08:02 PM
I have read somewhere that the new iphone V3.0 software will enable bluetooth support on this new Bluetooth kit.

Yeah, I read that somewhere too, but couldn't find anything firm about it and decided not to take the risk.
Anyway, I've picked up a HTC Touch HD (with Windows Mobile) and I'm loving it!

manic-vw
05-04-2009, 10:07 AM
Hi JoseSpring,
is your HTC Touch HD (with Windows Mobile) working smoothly with the bluetooth, is there any problems??

JoseSpring
05-04-2009, 12:47 PM
Hi JoseSpring,
is your HTC Touch HD (with Windows Mobile) working smoothly with the bluetooth, is there any problems??

I can't answer that personally. Yet. I'm still waiting for delivery of my car.
It's in the UK, apparently, but I may not get it for another 10 days or so. Once I do I'll be happy to answer your question if you can wait that long (you may need to remind me!).

In the meantime, this is the thread I saw that confirms the Touch HD can be set up for using RSAP. This might be a little ouf of date, as my phone has a Remote SIM Access tick box on its bluetooth profile (ie you may not need to follow the advice in the link).

http://briskoda.net/superb-ii/howto-get-rsap-working-columbus-rns510-using-non-compatible-mobile/131709/

Hope this helps.

manic-vw
06-04-2009, 11:03 AM
I can't answer that personally. Yet. I'm still waiting for delivery of my car.
It's in the UK, apparently, but I may not get it for another 10 days or so. Once I do I'll be happy to answer your question if you can wait that long (you may need to remind me!).

In the meantime, this is the thread I saw that confirms the Touch HD can be set up for using RSAP. This might be a little ouf of date, as my phone has a Remote SIM Access tick box on its bluetooth profile (ie you may not need to follow the advice in the link).

http://briskoda.net/superb-ii/howto-get-rsap-working-columbus-rns510-using-non-compatible-mobile/131709/

Hope this helps.
Thanks a lot, I was aware of this update from the skoda forum, butjust hoped someone had used it on their vw.
I can certainy wait!! No Choice!!!, my car's not due till July begining.

JoseSpring
23-04-2009, 10:59 PM
Heads-up Manic, the HTC Touch HD is not a great fit with the car.
It sometimes conects, but more often than not it sit's at "connecting" indefinately. I've searched the web and found tons of people with this issue [here's a good example (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=408606)].
I'm not holding out much hope until new software is brought out for the phone. Maybe Windows 6.5 in the summer...
On the other hand, my work phone, a Nokia 6300, works perfectly.

manic-vw
24-04-2009, 09:09 AM
Thanks Jose
wouldnt it be great if the manufacturers could get together to iron out the incompatibilities and create a truely universal system/protocol!!!
in my dreams maybe:(
thanks for the link, its really helpful

mrchiggles
15-09-2009, 10:08 PM
What happens if 2 of you share the car? Will it copy both sets of numbers onto the car or does it have some sort of profiles?

JoseSpring
15-09-2009, 10:47 PM
It keeps seperate profiles for each user, with phone numbers and messages stored in the individual profiles. Also, if you have either of the 510 stereos then the speed dials will be different for each profile.
The only issue I've found is that when you switch to a different phone (and its associate profile) it can take a few minutes to connect (as opposed to 10 secs or so). And from time to time you may need to manually force the connection through the mfsw phone menu.

bozal
16-09-2009, 11:24 AM
I have the system with the RDC510, it works very well with my phone a Nokia 6300 but not my wifes a Nokia 6301 although they are almost identical phones. With her phone everytime the signal goes out of range the phone disconects and will not re-connect. VW publish a list of compatible phones and sure enough the 6300 is on it but not the 6301. Very happy with it overall particularly good with the Multi function steering wheel.