PDA

View Full Version : mud flaps/no mud flaps

Eshrules
19-03-2007, 10:59 AM
thinking about getting these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Mud-Flaps-Splash-Guards-Golf-Mk4-4pics-COOL_W0QQitemZ270101130804QQcategoryZ9895QQssPageN ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

now, im not sure if they're actually of any benefit or whether to leave them off.....

opinions pps ? :Blush:

madfella65
19-03-2007, 02:26 PM
Carl - i have 235 40 R18 tyres on the car and its a killer with dirt - badly in need of some mudflaps - i do hope that when i get the bodykit fitted this will help stop some of it - prob no harm to put them on - golfs are renowned for dirtyin their ar$e!

Eshrules
19-03-2007, 02:40 PM
Carl - i have 235 40 R18 tyres on the car and its a killer with dirt - badly in need of some mudflaps - i do hope that when i get the bodykit fitted this will help stop some of it - prob no harm to put them on - golfs are renowned for dirtyin their ar$e!

oh i know, gawd, i kid you not, i washed my car last week, went to preston and back to pick up my horsebox project, when i got back the backend was just pure filth! you wouldnt even think it had been washed, let alone ruddy hand waxed and polished....

the other thing, front wheel arch, i had the arch lining off to sort out some condensation in my side repeaters and at the bottom, it stank!.. which is whats lead me to thinking about getting them LOL

think you just confirmed what i was thinking :D

well i just got some, ill take some before and after pics for the benefit of anyone else thinking of doing the same... :D