PDA

View Full Version : Cabin fan problems

RS4 Dreamer
24-03-2009, 04:53 PM
I have been having a problem with the fan for the climate control in my car the last three days. The first day I had no fan when adjusting the climate control, didnt matter what I tried on the controls the fan would not work. All the controls work fine, I can hear the different vents opening and closing when I press the corresponding buttons. The second day everything was fine. However, today when I started the car a message appeared telling me to check something but by the time I noticed the message the screen went back to normal. The fan wasn't working again after this, but after 20 minutes of driving the fan slowly started working again.
Does anyone know of a way to get the message to appear again so I can see what it says to check?
Also I changed the oil just before this started happening, I cant see how this would affect the fan working but since cars started using computers nothing surprises me.
Any help would be great
Thanks

neil w
25-03-2009, 01:08 AM
Mine did the same, it was the brushes in the fan motor, 10 minutes to remove the fan and another 10 to 15 minutes to solder in the new brushes which came from e bay for about £12. There is a thread somewhere on here as to how to sort it.