PDA

View Full Version : Tyre Noise

southbynorth
23-03-2009, 10:56 PM
I have a 2 week old GT Sport (2.0 TDI) on the standard 17inch wheels and it didn feel like it handled quite right compared to my last on and when I checked the tyre pressure the front wheels were on 23 bar the rear on 42!

I have now pumped them to 25 bar at the front and 30 at the rear as the car manual specifies and the hndling feels a lot better but all of a suddent he road noise from the front is tremendously loud, to the point it drove me mad on 5 minute drive home - anyone got any ideas why this is so?

I am sure I have the right tyre settings now and my last GT Sport had the same tyres and wheels but was no where near as loud :mad:

adstalker
24-03-2009, 02:03 PM
I also have a GT Sport (2.0 TDI) and I think the standard tyre pressure for normal loads on the front and rear is 2.3 bar.

I normally run 2.1 bar front and 2.3 bar on the rear.

I run slightly lower on the front due to finding if I run at recomended pressure it increases the tyre wear through the centre of the tyre.

Hope this helps.
Anthony

southbynorth
24-03-2009, 10:06 PM
I also have a GT Sport (2.0 TDI) and I think the standard tyre pressure for normal loads on the front and rear is 2.3 bar.

I normally run 2.1 bar front and 2.3 bar on the rear.

I run slightly lower on the front due to finding if I run at recomended pressure it increases the tyre wear through the centre of the tyre.

Hope this helps.
Anthony

Thanks Anthony, it says on the recomendation on the filler cap for 4 people (2 kids and a wife lol) 23 bar at front and 30 at rear butthe noise at anything over 40 is unbearable, I will try your recomendation tomorrow and if that doesnt resolve it i pop down to the Dealer - unsure what they can do through lol