PDA

View Full Version : Vibration through pedals and steering wheel

swsteve
23-03-2009, 08:16 PM
Hi, had a look on the forum but couldn't find anything relating to my problem, so here goes...

I have a 1995 Passat 1.9diesel AAZ engine code mileage 230K- since I had the front OS suspension arm replaced I've noticed excessive vibration coming through the pedals and steering wheel (might not be connected & just coincidence). Got to the point after my hour commute my hands and feet feel tingling ~ numb :confused:

Also a loud grinding noise / rubbing comes from the front OS wheel when I turn left - even on easy bends.

Any help would be appreciated

cat
24-03-2009, 12:53 PM
The loud rubbing noise could posssibly be cv joint, as for the vibration it could be one of many, i had a similar problem with a previous car after trying some expensive solutions it turned out that the problem was in fact a faulty tyre ( the metal wires had collapsed), it's more a elimination process, although vibration sometimes can be the affects of a worn clutch. hope you get it sorted. and let us know what the problem was once you do.

the_old_diver
19-04-2009, 03:22 PM
I know it is almost a month ago now, but did you sort the problem? My thoughts would be to check that the wheelnuts were tight, and maybe jack up the offending corner and then check the brake pads and wheel bearings.