PDA

View Full Version : I found the answer to warning lights

jannerhank
23-03-2009, 04:33 PM
Some time ago I posted a problem I had on my Volkswagan Passat Sport TDI, first registered 22.06.2001. I had the orange injector light coming on and going off for no reason, also the airbag warning light coming on sometimes and the same with the servicing light.

Well my son who served his time in the motor trade but now works for Linde stills like to dabble with cars. He bought an engine analyser from Snap-On (over 3 grands worth) and though I had had these faults checked at a engine dianostic repair place they were unable to find the cause. The local VW place has the same piece of kit and charges £160 an hour.

Anyway he plugged it in reset the computer and did the full check (about 20 mins) got the print out reset what it asked for and presto all is cleared. The intermittant injector light was due to the faulty brake switch. I now have the full electronic electronic dash display and the missing bits of the LED display were also cured:D

I think there are a few other people that have simular problems with both Audi's and VW's in West Sussex but the garage prices put them off, so he will get his money back and he is a lot cheaper.

Jannerhank