PDA

View Full Version : vibration/rattle on start up

dessie123
23-03-2009, 02:48 PM
when i switch on the engine of my 05 golf 1.6 fsi automatic, there appears to be a vibration/rattle when i touch the accelerator, when the engine gets warmed up it disappears?? anybody got any suggestions as to what the noise is? like i say its more of a vibration than a rattle and its mainly when the engine is either cold or first switched on!!!

dessie123
03-04-2009, 08:20 PM
well i had my car in today and the rattling/vibration i was told it was pinking, according to vw the FSI's have to use super unleaded fuel other wise the car goes sluggish and pinking entails!!!
he told me to run the normal unleaded down to nothing then fill the tank with super, and the pinking will disappear the car will feel better and more acceleration and mileage.
i just wish the vw dealer where i bought the car told me this in the first place grrrr

lanciamug
03-04-2009, 09:24 PM
FSI s say 98RON inthefuel filler and in the 'book of words' I run my 2.0 on Shell vpower but it also runs OK on supermarket 95RON, no pinking or other symptoms. Hope yours is better with the megabucks juice!