PDA

View Full Version : golf plus tdi 105 oil

drodders
22-03-2009, 11:27 PM
just a quick couple of questions...my daughter has an 05 golf plus tdi 105..engine code BKC..does this have a partical filter & if so now it has got 75k miles on it and would sooner service every year rather than long life so could this run on pd oil vw505.01 or can someone tell me the correct oil...also would this vw grade of oil damage a partical filter if it has one.....also just been looking on net & found that the partical filter is stated on car data stamp as 7gg..iv had a look that is not there so does that mean it has no partical filter or what...any advice welcome..

drodders
24-03-2009, 12:06 AM
any answers....

radox
24-03-2009, 02:24 PM
I do not believe any of the early Mk V's had diesel particulate filters. My 2005 Mk V also has the BKC engine and definitely does not.

The manual quotes oil to VW spec 506 01 must be used for Longlife (Now I think superseded by VW spec 507). Without Longlife servicing the oil must meet VW spec 505 01 so it sounds like your oil will be ok.

Hope that helps,
Stuart
http://www.stuartdalby.co.uk/vwgolfmk5

drodders
24-03-2009, 10:51 PM
thanks for the info by the way my daughters golf plus looks identical to your golf apart from the back lights where as yours have red backgrounds her plus has silver..anyway i thought as much as the 7gg extra was also not on data ticket...the reason why she wants to take it of longlife service is the miles she does and she also services it every year anyway just wanted it verifying that on short service times 505.01 was still good enough also states that it is in elsawin as long as theres no partical filter which your confirming has done...cheers..& nice golf..by the way on your service history never seen the cam belt kit or water pump there..had me daughters done as soon as she bought it 2 months ago £220 for kit & pump for piece of mind...cheers again..

radox
24-03-2009, 11:41 PM
My Mk V is a Golf and your daughter's is a Golf Plus hence the different rear lights. On the Golf Plus they are LEDs.

Personally, I wouldn't let a low annual mileage put your daughter off the Longlife servicing. It depends on the car's typical journey rather than the annual mileage. I've always got the maximum mileage between services because I very rarely do short (less than 10 mile) trips.

Finally, my Mk V had it's cambelt changed just before 80,000 miles as per the handbook's recommendation (It's mentioned on the website - it was done at the same time as a service). I don't plan on getting it changed again until 160,000 miles. Not sure about the water pump. I'll have to check.

Glad to help,
Stuart
http://www.stuartdalby.co.uk/vwgolfmk5