PDA

View Full Version : Brand New Jetta

Kevinstaffs
22-03-2009, 07:04 PM
Hi - Any Advice

I have just purchased and taken delivery of a brand new Jetta 1.9 TDI SE from my local Volkswagen dealership. All is fine except it doesn't quite match the SE spec in two places. There is no 12v socket on the front centre armrest and no aux-in-socket for connection to an external multimedia source.

I have raised this quickly with the dealership- who (dissappointingly) didn't seem to have a clue as to what was missing. When I pointed it out to them they have got back to me to say they hope to remedy this underwarranty.

Why didn't it meet the SE spec in the first place?

Any clues as to what is going on?

Kevin

johnloaderuk
19-04-2009, 09:39 AM
Not the first time I've heard of something similar happening like this.

It does state in the sales brochure "The prices and specification contained within this brochure are for information purposes only as our products are continually updated and changes may be made to prices and specifications at any time. If you require any specific feature, you must consult your authorised Volkswagen retailer etc, etc". I think this is also on their web site somewhere, so good luck.

karro
30-04-2009, 04:37 PM
This has happened to me as well.
Not that I would make much use of the AUX socket (I listen mostly to radio not even cd's) or the additional 12V outlet in the armwrest but in any case it's not nice not to have what you paid for.

Kevinstaffs
30-04-2009, 08:55 PM
I manged to get in sorted underwarranty after pushing a little. They fixed a 12v in the arm rest and put me an ipod connector in too. So I was satisfied in the end. (oh and I got a luggage protector for the boot because of the trouble!). so well worth following up and creating about it.

karro
01-05-2009, 08:27 AM
Hello Kevinstaffs,

Another thing - check whether you have the RCD 310 radio/cd rather than the RCD 300!

Here is an image of the RCD 300
http://radiodecoder.co.uk/assets/images/rcd300mp3_002.jpg

and this is the RCD 310 which is standard on SE
http://www.vw.co.at/files/at/element/text_pic/2140294066.jpg

Regards