PDA

View Full Version : Headlamp Fuses - where are they???

A4PSR
22-03-2009, 11:54 AM
After much searching - Can anyone tell me where the fuses for dipped beam are? I've looked on the fuseboard next to the steering wheel, and they're not on there. :confused: I'm about to be installing some aftermarket HID's and need to upgrade the fuse to 20A. The only fuses i can find that relate to headlamps is the AUTO DYNAMIC RANGE CONTROL (even though i have a manual dipper button thingy)

Also, bearing in mind i have a manual headlamp leveling control - would there be any reason when i was 4 up, and turned my lights on that my lights self levelled? Or maybe it was an illusion...

Thanks

Alan02
22-03-2009, 02:18 PM
Hi, no it wasn`t an illusion,your fuse box is right!!!(auto).I would have thought they were in fuse box,but you dont have the hi power xenon sealed units do you?They have a high voltage warning sticker on them.if so i`m sure you cant replace a bulb in them.Hope this sheds some `Light`(no pun) on the subject.

A4PSR
22-03-2009, 10:41 PM
1 - No i don't have the xenons, hence i'm doing my diy install of an aftermarket kit

2- The auto levelling is now confusing me as i have a manual levelling knob, so why have both?

3- It would make sense for the fuses for the headlights to be on the small board for easy access, but they're not and i cannot install the HID kit until i find out where they are... :(