PDA

View Full Version : Tyres Fitted to 2.0 TFSI

PaulT1
22-03-2009, 02:11 AM
Hi Guys,

This is my first post. I have had a 180 BHP 2.0 TFSI for 5 months with no major issues to date. I am wondering what tyres other owners have fitted and which you find the best. Mine came fitted with Michelin Primacy HP which I found not to be great in wet/greasy conditions too much wheel spin.
Also, has anyone had their 2.0 TFSI remapped? If so what do you think and who carried out the work.

Cheers

eyestar
23-03-2009, 01:02 PM
Hi Paul,

I can't help with the tyre issue as my car is only 5 weeks old, but I have had a remap done. The difference is fantastic, it pulls like a train in all gears, there is wheel spin if you aren’t careful especially in the wet but that's a minor issue, it just puts a smile on my face every time I boot it. I had it done at Motech http://www.motechperformance.co.uk/, I did some research before choosing them and everything I read was positive, they are not cowboys. The car is putting out around 250hp now; possibly a bit more as I only put Optimax in, but I haven't had it tested yet.

--------------------------
A4 2.0 TFSI S Line, Ibis White, Milano Leather, Advanced Key, Heated Seats, B&O, DAB, Interior Light Pack, Piano Black Inserts, S Line Suspension, Cruise Control.

eyestar
23-03-2009, 01:25 PM
Sorry meant to mention that I have the 2.0T 211 not the 180, however it can still be remapped. :Blush2:

mr109
23-03-2009, 09:23 PM
Not even subtle. You wouldn't work for them would you eyestar?

eyestar
23-03-2009, 09:50 PM
:biglaugh: No not at all, just still a bit giddy with the car.

--------------------------
A4 2.0 TFSI S Line, Ibis White, Milano Leather, Advanced Key, Heated Seats, B&O, DAB, Interior Light Pack, Piano Black Inserts, S Line Suspension, Cruise Control.