PDA

View Full Version : Question How do you like your 2.0TFSI?

cpd1
21-03-2009, 07:04 AM
Hi all,

Been trying to locate a 2.0TFSI for a test drive at a local dealer to no avail, diesels is all they got. I am test driving 3.0 TDI today and 2.0TDI but I am planning to order my Allroad with the 2.0TFSI.
On paper the engine looks good, lot lighter than the big diesel, MPG OK, wide torque band and competitively priced. I certainly would like to drive it though before ordering.
So calling on all 2.0TFSI owners, how do you like the engine, is the MPG OK (assuming low 30s is realistic) and any comment/regret?
Thanks!
C

Bristle Hound
21-03-2009, 11:04 AM
I'll let you know when mine arrives! :D

Jop
21-03-2009, 11:26 AM
love it, but would recommend quattro (and not just the badges) to help get that power down.

kodkod.84
21-03-2009, 06:40 PM
Yes I have the B7 version of 2.0T and I absolutely love it, mountains of power when you boot it in 3rd from 50mph for an overtake.

Like Jop says though if I was to buy another it would be Quattro as it does love to wheelspin if you accelerate off a bit too eagerly.

Ross Stoddart
21-03-2009, 08:45 PM
I have the 1.8TFSI (130bhp) yes I know not the 2.0 you reference and also not the 160bhp I wanted (thanks to my stingey car list at work) -

HOWEVER!

I am averaging 40MPG extra urban consitantly on my run to work and also its just doen 9k and is beginning to loosen up so isnt totally disappointing.

The fuel costs are working out cheapen than my previous X-TYPE JAG (due to the unleaded price differencial vs. Diesel).

I really want a remap to try and push 160bhp (and have posted to see if anyone has done so). I know revotek have cracked the engine - I just want to wait until a few more are on the TFSI bandwagon (also expecting twins so priorities have changed!)

motechmike
21-03-2009, 09:06 PM
I have the 1.8TFSI (130bhp) yes I know not the 2.0 you reference and also not the 160bhp I wanted (thanks to my stingey car list at work) -

HOWEVER!

I am averaging 40MPG extra urban consitantly on my run to work and also its just doen 9k and is beginning to loosen up so isnt totally disappointing.

The fuel costs are working out cheapen than my previous X-TYPE JAG (due to the unleaded price differencial vs. Diesel).

I really want a remap to try and push 160bhp (and have posted to see if anyone has done so). I know revotek have cracked the engine - I just want to wait until a few more are on the TFSI bandwagon (also expecting twins so priorities have changed!)

We can help with the re-map

There is also the offer of £280 all in too !

Mike

gregpawley
21-03-2009, 09:13 PM
Just over 1300 miles on my 2.0T S line, performance is great even when driving it easy still pretty swift, and when you push the pedal to the carpet it really goes.

I decided on the FWD and still no regrets, yes prone to wheel spin in the wet under hard acceleration but only in 1st and that only good for about a car's length. In the very rare times where Quattro would be an advantage, the extra weight, slower once off the mark and poorer mileage all the time was the main decider for me. I did test drive both the FWD and Quattro and I prefer the handling of the FWD, there are many road test published that confirm this.

The mileage I'm getting still impresses me around 32MPG in town, on motorway blast 41ish, I had a relatively easy potter around the moors last weekend (40-70 MPH) and averaged 50MPG. Had a pretty harsh blast through the lanes today in the sunshine and still managed to get 35MPG.

The only other engine I would of considered is the 3.0 TDi, although I get to drive a company A5 3.0 TDi, admit it's quick but also thirsty and you can’t escape the diesel clatter when on idle (especially when cold, they take an age to warm up too), but all that power you pay for at the pumps. 34MPG on a trip to the airport, did a similar run in my old 3.2 petrol auto and got similar mileage doing similar speeds.

Audi A4 2.0T, Lava Grey, Piano black inserts, S Line Executive, Heated front seats, Bang & Olufsen, Telephone prep low, Parking Plus, Hill hold assist, Cruise control, Interior light package, Folding mirrors.

ScottyUK
21-03-2009, 11:47 PM
I decided on the FWD and still no regrets, yes prone to wheel spin in the wet under hard acceleration but only in 1st and that only good for about a car's length. In the very rare times where Quattro would be an advantage, the extra weight, slower once off the mark and poorer mileage all the time was the main decider for me. I did test drive both the FWD and Quattro and I prefer the handling of the FWD, there are many road test published that confirm this.

Have you ever owned a quattro?

gregpawley
22-03-2009, 12:29 AM
Have you ever owned a quattro?

No never owned, but racked up many miles on a company A5 3.0 TDi Quattro, also had a full days trial in an A4 2.0T Quattro as well as an A4 2.0T FWD, the FWD has better weight distribution, as well as being nearly 90kg lighter, to me this felt purer and nibler when tested through some twisty roads in Cornwall, there are published road tests which agree with me.

Of course it is down to individual, but once off the mark the FWD definatley felt quicker too, which makes sense being lighter as well less friction caused by the FWD.

ScottyUK
22-03-2009, 08:46 AM
The reason I asked is many people who haven't have quattro dismiss is as something for treacherous conditions and not much else. I guess it entirely depends how you drive it.

quattro allows you to get on the power much earlier in bends i.e. it reduces the tendency to understeer more and of course allows to you pull out quickly with confidence.

I found the FWD always left that doubt in mind on whether I'd be able to put the power down or whether it would spin up, leave me going nowhere and suffer from axle tramp.

e.g. like in this thread : http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=64841

quattro is also there as a safety feature for when you hit standing water etc etc

I think it gets too easily dismissed. To be fair it was only after trying a FWD A4 that I truly appreciated how often quattro was actually paying for itself. It was the first part of my spec.

As I say I guess it's not for everyone in the same way as FWD isn't :beerchug:

Issac Hunt
22-03-2009, 09:22 AM
3.0 TDI, goes like a rocket and does 44 mpg!

Quattro for me everytime when your talking about higher power, you dont need it on a 130 BHP model but when your over 200 then its a must IMO. Yes it uses a little more fuel but so what?

The difference while cornering, especially when your pushing on a bit is massive between Q and FWD. It just feels so more secure. I cant believe anyone can notice a 90kg difference when driving them though. Its less than the weight of a passenger.

troc
22-03-2009, 11:29 AM
I cant believe anyone can notice a 90kg difference when driving them though. Its less than the weight of a passenger.

Your passengers need to go on a diet ;)

gregpawley
22-03-2009, 01:14 PM
Quattro won’t stop the laws of physics if you hit standing water and lose adhesion between the tyres and surface difficult to see how it helps (I have had that feeling driving a A5 3.0TDI Quattro), and surely if you are in those conditions you should be slowing down not accelerating?

I just now my friend has a A3 3.2 Quattro and cannot lose me through the twisty stuff. there seems to be very little in the performance between the 2, other than mine seems to have the edge at lower speeds.

The only difference between the 2 is the MPG.

I would be interested to see the 30-50MPH and 50-70MPH between FWD and Quattro, I know the FWD definitely felt quicker and for me this sort of performance on overtaking is more real world and relevant to me.

I have nothing against Quattros but I had the choice and more than happy with what I have got.

Audi A4 2.0T, Lava Grey, Piano black inserts, S Line Executive, Heated front seats, Bang & Olufsen, Telephone prep low, Parking Plus, Hill hold assist, Cruise control, Interior light package, Folding mirrors.

gregpawley
22-03-2009, 01:30 PM
I cant believe anyone can notice a 90kg difference when driving them though. Its less than the weight of a passenger.

I'm pretty sure everyone can feel the difference between driving on your own and with the car fully loaded. so loose a 90Kg passanger will make a difference.

90Kg is more then 14 stone you are lugging arround at all times, weight is the enemy of performance and hits you everytime you brake accelerate and corner. it especially doesn't help when it is located way up forward.

To me if I was going to go for a Quattro I would have paid the extra £4K difference between a Exec S Line 2.0T and gone for a S4.

Is there any tests showing 30-50MPH and 50-70MPH between the 2.0T FWD and Quattro?

onemanparty
22-03-2009, 05:20 PM
I just now my friend has a A3 3.2 Quattro and cannot lose me through the twisty stuff. there seems to be very little in the performance between the 2, other than mine seems to have the edge at lower speeds.

I have nothing against Quattros but I had the choice and more than happy with what I have got.

Nothing against quattros, I think you have, I bet you wish you had one!!;)

As for your friend in the 3.2 quattro why not try this in the rain or Snow :biglaugh:

ScottyUK
22-03-2009, 07:58 PM
Quattro won’t stop the laws of physics if you hit standing water and lose adhesion between the tyres and surface difficult to see how it helps (I have had that feeling driving a A5 3.0TDI Quattro), and surely if you are in those conditions you should be slowing down not accelerating?
If you knew me you'd realise I know this better than I hope you ever do. Let's call it an "on track incident". I was just providing one example (a common Audi one) of where if you have four driven wheels it can help. They claim "This system provides high levels of active safety and dependable traction on virtually all surfaces as well as excellent road holding," which I guess is what I was suggesting. Power through four wheels will give more dependable traction for FWD. It certainly doesn't make it infallible.

On that subject of quattro not defying the laws of physics, I've also posted this previously... normally when there is snow around and some people in quattros feel invincible, so you're preaching to the converted.

The choice and the being happy with whatever you choose is something I referred to earlier. If you're happy with your choice then that's absolutely all that matters.....even if you are wrong :p ;) :D (joke!!!!!)

The fuel consumption is a nothing to me. e.g I could get an increase in mpg by various means e.g. using harder rubber, less traction etc but I'm happier knowing I've got more grippy stuff and AWD. If I was worried about fuel consumption I wouldn't have run a 4.2 V8 for the last 5 years. ;)

Another major consideration is that the wife's much happier have our 1.5 kids in a quattro. She also found the 2.0T FWD B7 loaner we had frustrating and it removed a lot of the confidence she has in the car. For us it was a definite... but as said, it's not for everyone.
:beerchug:

ScottyUK
22-03-2009, 08:08 PM
p.s. Perhaps the difference in perception of quattro is how we look at it. Could it be you view it as about performance?

Audi sell it as a safety feature. Why? Because it helps increase safety.

http://www.audi.co.nz/liveupdater/DocumentLibrary/quattro_e.swf

http://www.audi.co.nz/liveupdater/DocumentLibrary/quattro.swf

Bristle Hound
22-03-2009, 08:29 PM
I must admit my intial choice was a 170bhp A4 S line, but after studying the literature, I plumbed for the 2.0 TFSI.

Yes the diesel is more economical and cheaper to tax by £25 a year, but the petrol turbo attributes outweigh it, for me at least.

Quattro?, cheaper to put the badges on! :booty:

On the quattro thing. I was a Police Officer and was dealing with a bad Road Accident in the snow on a main country road.

Whilst I was dealing with the accident a Doctor ( I kid you not) tried to pass all the stationary cars in his Audi quattro doing about 70mph.

Obviously I stopped him. His explanation? I am driving an Audi quattro, I'm safe!

To cut a long story short he was prosecuted for then reckless driving (now classed as dangerous driving), banned for 6 months and find £2000! The Magistrate was not pleased!

My point, just because its a quattro sometimes doesn't mean its better than a FWD / RWD!

gregpawley
22-03-2009, 08:40 PM
Mine was a private purchase I could afford a Quattro and chose not to, and have no regrets. Definitely have nothing against Quattros, the other cars considering was a S3 Sportback but preferred the interior of the A4, and a S4 but head ruled over the heart and realised that within my budget I’d be forced to go without the extras which I wasn’t prepared to do.

As for my friends A3 3.2 Quattro, we have driven each other’s cars and both agree mine does feel more nimble able to carry more speed through a corner. Guess this the combination of the 3.2 lump and Quattro making more it nose heavy.

I live in the South West and generally don’t get snow, in the wet the Quattro might enable you to power out of the corner earlier, but cannot help if you carry too much speed into the corner where the extra weight on the nose must actually hinder? Driven an A5 3.0TDi into standing water on a bend at motorway speeds, and got that unnerving silence and isolation when you know the tyres have lost traction and the Quattro never helped then...

All I would say is that if you are considering buying a 2.0TFSI try both versions.

As for the Quattro being quicker, in the dry I’d disagree, and in the wet might be but then I know I’d pass it when stops of to fuel :biglaugh:

onemanparty
22-03-2009, 08:46 PM
My point, just because its a quattro sometimes doesn't mean its better than a FWD / RWD!

But it is better and safer too ! :p

As for the Quattro being quicker, in the dry I’d disagree, and in the wet might be but then I know I’d pass it when stops of to fuel :biglaugh:

:biglaugh: You are entitled to your opinion even if your wrong ;)

ScottyUK
22-03-2009, 09:04 PM
Quattro?, cheaper to put the badges on! :booty:

Genuine LOL :D

Not sure how a bloke being a pillock proves anything either way to be honest.

Guess this the combination of the 3.2 lump and Quattro making more it nose heavy.
I'm not sure if quattro makes it nose heavy or not. I would have thought that if anything it does the opposite since the main weight difference is the drive shaft and rear diff which would pull the weight balance backwards. The 3.2 lump of course would make it worse.

I live in the South West and generally don’t get snow, in the wet the Quattro might enable you to power out of the corner earlier, but cannot help if you carry too much speed into the corner where the extra weight on the nose must actually hinder?
I would have thought it goes without saying that when power's not being put in e.g. when you enter a corner too quick that quattro won't do anything. However if you look into the forces being handled by the tyres, quattro must be helping you when ever you're on the gas or even constant throttle. The drive you're putting into the tyres is divided between the four 4 bits of rubber and hence there's less effort on the front two which are also having to cope with the turning. This gives more turning ability for the same speed. i.e. you have more traction. When approaching the apex quattro allows you to get the power down a little earlier and drive out faster. Although this is amplified in the wet, the same holds for in the dry.

Driven an A5 3.0TDi into standing water on a bend at motorway speeds, and got that unnerving silence and isolation when you know the tyres have lost traction and the Quattro never helped then...
Didn't you know that quattro can't defy the laws of physics ;)

All I would say is that if you are considering buying a 2.0TFSI try both versions.
Amen to that.

The extra traction versus the extra weight means this would obviously vary depending on the conditions. Perhaps we can test it on track one day :D With regards filling up, surely you should be playing your joker card now and telling us how the quattro additionally has a 1L smaller tank. ;)

p.s. where ever I've said in the above that theres an increase in performance/ability you can alternate that with quattro could do it at the same speed as a FWD but with more in reserve i.e. increased safety.

gregpawley
22-03-2009, 09:58 PM
But it is better and safer too ! :p

Safety is dangerous when it's perceived.

Quoting the warning message in the manual

"Even with four wheel drive, you should always adjust your speed to suit the conditions. Do not let the extra safety provided tempt you into taking any risks when driving-this can cause accidents.

The braking ability of your car is limited by the grip of the tyres. In this respect, your car is no different from a car without four wheel drive. So do not be tempted to drive too fast on ice or slippery roads just because the car still has good acceleration in these conditions (accident risk).

On wet roads bear in mind that the front wheels may start to "aquaplane" and lose contact with the road is the car is driven too fast. If this should happen, there will be no sudden increase in engine speed to warn the driver, as with a front wheel drive car. So do not drive too fast in the wet: adjust your speed to suit the conditions (accident risk)"

markp306
22-03-2009, 09:58 PM
Agree with some of the posts above - quattro really should be considered a safety item.

Having gone from Quattro to FWD, I am now far more aware of the reduced grip and of course that "blinking traction light" on the dash. It was much easier to push-on in the previous car with the superior grip from quattro. Also, the wheelspin when pulling away from junctions and on roundabouts is getting tiring and is a constant reminder that next time we will wait for quattro to make it to the options pages! ;)

Anyway, each to their own...

AZO1
22-03-2009, 11:07 PM
I'm with you on this Greg (& there are certainly several motoring press reports that say similar).

kodkod.84
22-03-2009, 11:22 PM
Mine was a private purchase I could afford a Quattro and chose not to, and have no regrets. Definitely have nothing against Quattros, the other cars considering was a S3 Sportback but preferred the interior of the A4, and a S4 but head ruled over the heart and realised that within my budget I’d be forced to go without the extras which I wasn’t prepared to do

Blown all your cash on the yacht in your avatar then? :D That would look nice in the new harbour I'm building and would certainly have that over an S4.

Bristle Hound
23-03-2009, 12:00 AM
Not sure how a bloke being a pillock proves anything either way to be honest.

My point being that people rely on it because they have it. Doesn't mean having quattro will always help if you expect it too.

Drive to the conditions, don't drive to the car! (:confused:)

ScottyUK
23-03-2009, 12:36 AM
But the quattro did help him....it's just he shouldn't have used it's ability.

I'd say don't knock the car, just blame the driver. ;)

gregpawley
23-03-2009, 04:21 AM
Blown all your cash on the yacht in your avatar then? :D That would look nice in the new harbour I'm building and would certainly have that over an S4.

The car I get to pay for, access to the yachts come as a perk of the job, but if your tempted I get discount. :p

But before you reach for your cheque book the one in my avatar is approx £6,000,000.00 and thats before you tick any option boxes.....

kodkod.84
23-03-2009, 08:07 AM
LOL £6 million- that's some serious wedge. Is it a Sunseeker in your pic- I've seen their boat factory in Poole and there was a boat dealer with 2nd hand ones for sale which were in the millions too :o

onemanparty
23-03-2009, 08:15 AM
Agree with some of the posts above - quattro really should be considered a safety item.
Anyway, each to their own...

Totally agree

I'm with you on this Greg (& there are certainly several motoring press reports that say similar).

:biglaugh:

My point being that people rely on it because they have it. Doesn't mean having quattro will always help if you expect it too.

Drive to the conditions, don't drive to the car! (:confused:)

You do not rely on it :confused: It is just there

Safety is dangerous when it's perceived.

So you are telling me that I am dangerous? the man who races his friend in a 3.2 :biglaugh:

There are a few people on this forum who do not like quattro fine. I do include Greg, AZO1 & Bristle Hound in that.

Each to there own.

I only added that quattro is safer (FACT) have you ever done the Audi Driving Experience at Silverstone or any other safety based driving course ?

But back to the question on the 2.0T

I have the 2.0T in the S3 which is great. I have also driven my colleagues A4 2.0T (Non quattro) and that felt good as well

Jop
23-03-2009, 09:10 AM
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png

Isnt this thread supposed to be about the 2.0 TFSI engine? All i hear is people shouting for or against quattro.

IMO. Quattro is definitely safer. Without quoting science it's just plain obvious.
It may be slower at the top but i think 100 is fast enough let alone 155.
In my experience power is more useful at lower speeds to avoid certain situations, and while the 2.0 (211) has the power its cant get it out.

Again. Love the engine, just wish I had quattro (probably for the badges)

Jop
23-03-2009, 09:11 AM
edit.... (double post)

awtaylor
23-03-2009, 10:01 AM
Depends on how you measure performance but according to Audi the 2.0T FSI will get to 62mph in 6.9s and the Quattro can get there in 6.6s. In gear times may turn the tables in favour of the 2WD version. I have driven both (in B7 guise) and found the 4WD version was noticeably more sure-footed and able to put it's power down, no drama, no questions asked.

However, at the end of the day my 2WD TDI does everything I need it to do when it comes to getting to and from work and moving the family around. I didn't buy an A4 expecting to getting much excitement and haven't been dissappointed, that's why they do the "S" models (with 4WD).

Bristle Hound
23-03-2009, 12:42 PM
just wish I had quattro (probably for the badges)

They can be found cheap enough! :booty: :biglaugh:

gregpawley
23-03-2009, 10:08 PM
LOL £6 million- that's some serious wedge. Is it a Sunseeker in your pic- I've seen their boat factory in Poole and there was a boat dealer with 2nd hand ones for sale which were in the millions too :o

No I work for Princess Yachts, the yacht in the Avatar is a Princess 95, £6 million for a basic example, most go with extras anything between £8 and £10 million. At if you wondered about the millage on them, full speed (approx 32 knots) will look at 7.5 gallons per mile, but that is running 2 2400hp MTU (mercedes) diesels.

awtaylor
24-03-2009, 10:01 AM
At if you wondered about the millage on them, full speed (approx 32 knots) will look at 7.5 gallons per mile, but that is running 2 2400hp MTU (mercedes) diesels.

But I bet the petrol version is faster, but a bit more thirsty:D

cpd1
28-03-2009, 06:45 AM
wow, thanks for all the replies, been traveling this week.
Lot of info, even covering £6m yachts :p
It seems that the 2.0 TFSI is as good in real life as it sounds on paper. I have to firm up my Allroad order by the end of next week and given the £4k difference with the 3.0TDI and the seemingly limited advantages it offers I am leaning towards the 2.0TFSI. Don't get me wrong the 3.0TDI is a good engine, I test drove one last w-e and it is good, albeit not as refined as the new 3.0d from BMW in the facelifted 3. Also the real life mileage of the 3.0d seems to be around 35mpg prob nor that far off from the 30ish on the TFSI...And the car is 90 kgs lighter.
Waiting to hear from MGFV on the PCP see how the finance co depreciate vs 3.0TDI... Will report back

C

Bristle Hound
03-05-2009, 06:57 PM
Having had mine 2 weeks now, a few observations

The gearbox is not a close ratio one like I had on my B7

Although my B7 had 18" wheels, the B8 with 19's still rides softer (which I am pleased about)

The SD card reader in the stereo is brilliant. Why would you need a 6 disc changer?

First aid pack as standard now another welcome addition

The electromechanical handbrake / hill hold is brilliant. All cars should have them!

THE MMI stereo dispaly and controls are fantastic

The clutch pedal is too near the footrest on the left

The ignition key looks cheaper than the one on my B7

The omission of the locking glovebox on a car of this price is a disgrace

However, the toys that come as standard are quite a shift upward for Audi

The difference between by 3 year old B6 to B7 is no where as big as my my 3 year old B7 to the B8. Audi have moved the goal posts some what

All in all I'm very very pleased

The economy is quite a difference compared to the diesel B7 I had, but I knew it would be

ScottyUK
03-05-2009, 07:12 PM
Locking glovebox is an option in the storage pack and a light in there is an option in the lighting pack. I think both should be standard.

The B6 -> B7 move is hardly a surprise that things didn't change much. It's the same car with a quick tuck. I'm very glad I held onto my B6 S4 and jumped straight from that to the B8. In my mind I've gone from one generation to the next. I've never thought of the B7 as a real new variant.

I agree with all your other points.

I really miss the central sun visor :(

Bristle Hound
03-05-2009, 07:23 PM
I really miss the central sun visor :(

Me too - Forgot about that one!

ScottyUK
03-05-2009, 11:09 PM
...and the pop up ciggy lighter was pretty cool. :D

bodger1961
04-05-2009, 06:59 PM
I have a 3.0tdi q if you drive in a very boring manner on a run I got 44 mpg, but under normal use 26-30mpg. It does respond well and sticks like the preverbal **** to the blanket. Pulling out of bends no twitch or spin. However the 220bhp tsfi sounds fantastic power to weight would be very similar, its up to you.

Bristle Hound
04-05-2009, 07:52 PM
... and the space saver spare wheel being upside down so you can store stuff inside :D

... and the rear centre armrest with the compartment IN the arm rest :D:D

... and the rear floor mats that had the locating pegs in the floor and on the mats :D:D:D

satsu
05-05-2009, 11:28 PM
I have a 3.0tdi q if you drive in a very boring manner on a run I got 44 mpg, but under normal use 26-30mpg.

Not sure of your definition of "normal use" - I've settled at 39mpg (actual - 42 according to the computer) for my last 3k miles (done 9k now), and the Mrs would tell you that I'm not very good at resisting the temptation to use the right foot. The only time I do get 25-30 is on short runs (e.g. 1-2 miles to the supermarket) with a cold engine.

I'd hoped to get a bit more out of it on "boring long runs" but I'm happy to sacrifice that for the goodbye-2.0T torque - they might come close on the 0-62 'cos of that extra gearchange (grrr I miss my 6800revs :mad:) but in real life it's another story. :biglaugh:

drmartin
06-05-2009, 11:33 PM
Not sure of your definition of "normal use" - I've settled at 39mpg (actual - 42 according to the computer) for my last 3k miles (done 9k now), and the Mrs would tell you that I'm not very good at resisting the temptation to use the right foot. The only time I do get 25-30 is on short runs (e.g. 1-2 miles to the supermarket) with a cold engine.

I'd hoped to get a bit more out of it on "boring long runs" but I'm happy to sacrifice that for the goodbye-2.0T torque - they might come close on the 0-62 'cos of that extra gearchange (grrr I miss my 6800revs :mad:) but in real life it's another story. :biglaugh:

Thats interesting! I can hit 60 in second (engine at 5300rpm) which makes a hell of a difference of the line... 2.0TDi 170.. tuned to 220bhp hard red line comes up at 5500rpm 1k above the indicated red line! when I get a mo the stopwatch is coming out!;)

bodger1961
07-05-2009, 10:19 AM
can only get 52-53 in second and thats in a 3.0 tdi q and its uprated to 290bhp and under normal wife driving 28-30 max to the gallon

Jop
07-05-2009, 10:36 AM
Oi.. soot chuckers!! This thread is about the 2.0TFSI. FYI thats a petrol engine, not the dirty diesel's you're driving.

Go and talk about your 12 rev's elsewhere.
Still... Must be the best looking taxi at the rank. :biglaugh:

bodger1961
07-05-2009, 02:01 PM
sorry we are on about big engines my mistake lol

smellster
07-05-2009, 10:13 PM
can only get 52-53 in second and thats in a 3.0 tdi q and its uprated to 290bhp and under normal wife driving 28-30 max to the gallon

Anyway back to diverting the thread to sootchuckers. :D

Bodger1961, which company did you go with for the remap as it's an avenue I 'might' look into once the car's run in nicely? APS and Sanspeed seem to get a good write up on A5oc with regards to the 3.0tdi. It's a shame Revotechnik haven't got anything out yet for the 3.0tdi, I 've had their map on my Seat Leon Cupra 1.8t for about 7 years (100k) with no ill effects.

bodger1961
10-05-2009, 03:27 PM
superchips my son did it he is the dealer in this area if you live in a 30 mile radius of wolverhampton he will do it for you. I went with the additional 2 year warranty extra money but piece of mind.