PDA

View Full Version : Sharan - Heater Blower Motor Brushes

Paul Sharan
18-03-2007, 11:07 AM
Does anyone know if you can get replacement motor brushes for the heater blower motor or who makes the motor for VW?
There is a logo on the casing - possibly reads AF but i'm not sure.
Part number of motor assembly is 7M2 819 021.
Cheers

Paul Sharan
18-03-2007, 05:31 PM
They are worn right down so they don't make proper contact. Blower gradually got more and more intermittent over aperiod ofweeks.
Paul

marty72
19-03-2007, 03:52 AM
Just had same prob with my A4 I took the brushes out turned them round so larger end of brush hits the motor. There was a slight noise on low speed for a while but its gone now. Don't know how long it'll last but for now it's great having the heater again haha. M

Paul Sharan
28-03-2007, 01:47 PM
Gave up trying to get new brushes and they were too worn down to turn around. Got a s/h motor from breakers at £60. Good to have some heat and air-con back:Blush:

scotspie501
13-01-2009, 11:08 PM
hi ,,,my brushes are worn down too ,,,,,,does anyone out the know where they aremade ,,,,,,...and its very cold....

jamesey
17-01-2009, 07:02 PM
ive just done mine in the sharan , easy job to do /a bit fiddley with the little spring that holds it on but whay hay it works a treat , i took the bushes off of another galaxy in the scrap yard they cost me £2 ,,,happy days:biglaugh:

evobaz
18-02-2009, 10:39 PM
What size are the brushes on the Sharan?

A4 , Passat , Mercedes brushes are available through ebay. If the Sharan shares the same Valeo heater motor then the brushes will be the same.

Even if the brushes are slightly different then the ones on ebay can be easily cut, filed or sanded down to the correct size.