PDA

View Full Version : Question Has anyone else seen/got the red trim surround that fits on rear bumper around exhaust ?

shaft-50
18-03-2009, 05:31 PM
Sorry but got another Q's.

I have previously seen on 'ebay' someone selling a red bumper insert which fits the rear bumper of MK5 Golf GTI around the exhaust cut out. I have taken a pic of mine and coloured it in the way I mean and seen the trim. Think it was oem part but not sure of #'s etc.

If anyone konws of where I can get one from or has one for sale please get back to me. :1zhelp:

The second pic shows an illustration of what I am after/mean about the front lower lip/skirt section which is also in red.

onzarob
18-03-2009, 05:39 PM
Hi,Could you please put your posts in the MK5 golf section please. :D

shaft-50
18-03-2009, 06:13 PM
soree ! :confused:

Ben
18-03-2009, 07:25 PM
i've not seen any of these trim adaptions before.

RickT
18-03-2009, 08:20 PM
Theres a black golf running around near me which has a red rear bumper trim on it and red insert on the front splitter.

Rick

shaft-50
18-03-2009, 09:36 PM
Hello Rick, any chance you know the driver of that black golf ? could do with asking him/her where they acquired them red trims from as i am wanting the rear exhaust surround for def and the front lip i am hoping to remove and have painted in red ?

I missed out on these two bits on ebay a few weeks ago. They obviously a genuine kit put must either be VERY expensive or rare !!

RickT
19-03-2009, 11:12 PM
Hello Rick, any chance you know the driver of that black golf ? could do with asking him/her where they acquired them red trims from as i am wanting the rear exhaust surround for def and the front lip i am hoping to remove and have painted in red ?

I missed out on these two bits on ebay a few weeks ago. They obviously a genuine kit put must either be VERY expensive or rare !!

Hi..

No.. seen the car again today.... but dont know who the driver is...

if i see it again the petrol station i may ask him for you!

Rick

shaft-50
20-03-2009, 01:58 PM
Cheers mate. Look forward to hearing from you.

PS. Have removed the front lip yesterday and sent it in today to have it spray painted (tornado red). Should get it back on Tues. Will post some pics ;)

shaft-50
24-03-2009, 04:23 PM
Hello folks, well I have just picked up and fixed the newly painted front lip on my MK5 today.

Posted a pic for you to have a look at and give me some feedback. :D

Still looking/wanting the trim that fixes/fits around the rear exhaust cut out.

Anyone who can help please get back to me as this will then finish my car off nicely. :beerchug:

onzarob
24-03-2009, 09:41 PM
Looks good. :beerchug:

shaft-50
24-03-2009, 10:54 PM
Thanks for the comments onzarob !!

Just been browsing the 'WWW' re the red trim for the exhaust surround and I think I may have sussed it.

GTI Edition 30 rear bumpers are slightly different to the normal gti rear bumper and appear to have a trim/surround around the arch cut out for the exhausts. I think this must be the trim that I am referring too.

Will visit local VW (Halifax), I'm sure Nigel in parts will have an answer for me and hopefully be able to sort me out with the part for a good price :D

shaft-50
27-03-2009, 04:37 PM
Just to keep you guys posted.

I have today bought a complete used Edition 30 rear bumper as this is the bumper that has the lip around the exhaust cut out. Dealers were visited but the best me mate could do was the lower half rear section for around 3 tonne. Managed to get the entire bumper for 2 tonne.

Have given it in to have it re-painted pro style is current paint job was poor despite being the same colour as my car and getting the exhaust trim painted red.

Should have it by end of the week. Will post some pics of it and installation as gonne try and do it myself using details provided by others in this forum. Wish me luck !! ;)

PS will be selling my entire rear bumper which is colour coded v.soon !!

RickT
29-03-2009, 11:28 PM
Nice one!!

ps- I will look out for you in Halifax :D

Rick

shaft-50
30-03-2009, 04:08 PM
me too :p

shaft-50
02-04-2009, 03:01 PM
Hello again folks, for those of you you have been with me on this one I have finally completed what I set out to do a few weeks ago.

Front lip was done early, then found out the rear lip lives with the Edition 30 rear bumper which I managed to source. Just picked it up today after a completely new paint job to entire bumper. ;)

As weather was good also, car got its wash treatment, took bumper off using the 'how to guides' which I must say a VERY useful, especially for a novice like me who usually wouldnt dare do anything and pay the ******** and the like to do it for me. :D

Old bumper taken off quite easily with the assistance from my 5 year old !!

New bumper put on and all secured and assembled as it should be. Bumper cleaned and polised and this is the outcome, LOOK at my pic. :p

WHAT do you guys think then ? any comments/feedback appreciated and finally I want to say "IT WAS WELL WORTH IT".

Cheers, Shaft :beerchug::banana::drive::fest30: