PDA

View Full Version : wingmirror indicator help

passat bloke
17-03-2009, 08:00 PM
hi, i have a 05 passat sport. i need to replace the clear indicator lens in the offside wingmirror for the mot. anyone know how i can get into the mirror cover to replace the indicator...many thanks Al

james_tiger_woo
17-03-2009, 10:11 PM
The housing should just pop ff - try gently prying and lifting it from the underside - that's where it snaps on so it should snap off.

chesh2000
18-03-2009, 11:52 AM
Hello there, i just replaced mine a week ago as it went very dull, only £16.98 from the dealers for the replacement indicator.
The housing just pops off 'upwards', you then need to remove the mirror lens which just clips on, then you need a 'TORX' driver to remove the small screws which hold the indicator in place can't remember the size T9 or T10 i think, then there is a small electrical plug to unclip and its removed.....basically you need to dismantle the whole mirror while it's on the car! unless someone has an easier method this might help you abit. lol

danski
18-03-2009, 02:28 PM
Like they said...

AND be carefull when removing the glass, yes, it just pops out, but its also VERY easy to crack, as I found out when I replaced mine with smoked lenses !

jonsey24
18-03-2009, 08:38 PM
Where can i get smoked lenses from then? or the ones that are tinted blue

danski
19-03-2009, 11:36 AM
Here ya go...

http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.php?xProd=6052&xSec=209

I found them on the In Pro website and insisted they got them in for me. You can also find them on ebay costing rather more (robbing gits).

jonsey24
20-03-2009, 12:04 AM
Hahah i actually meant the mirror glass itself, i want it either slightly smoked or the blue tint to it

danski
20-03-2009, 09:02 AM
Ah, well I got the blue tinted ones for my B5 from Euro Car Parts in Manchester, but not looked into ones for the B6...they are rather expensive for a bit of glass though, seem to remember the B5 ones costing about £60 for the pair

maje
24-03-2009, 08:12 PM
My father in law had same problem with his skoda octavia,I dismantled it all for him told him what it needed but the tight wad woudn't pay for the new lens! Told him it looked a mess and would be a cheap fix,didn't realise they were only 16 quid!

chesh2000
25-03-2009, 03:25 PM
My father in law had same problem with his skoda octavia,I dismantled it all for him told him what it needed but the tight wad woudn't pay for the new lens! Told him it looked a mess and would be a cheap fix,didn't realise they were only 16 quid!

Yeah i looked on ebay and noticed some robbing git is selling them for 24.95 so i rang the dealers and was expecting the worst........something like, "oh you will have to buy the whole wing mirror as we dont sell them seperatley" or something similar lol