PDA

View Full Version : Question EGR Valve-should oil be coming from this??

droberts
16-03-2009, 06:54 PM
hi....im new to this forum and looking for a bit of info....ive got a 2002 vw beetle 1.9TDI and having some issues with the EGR Valve. Firstly the pipe/hose coming from that wore n came loose as the 2 teeth had worn off where the hose goes into the valve. when i took the pipe off to see what the problem was it was quite clogged with carbon (which i understand to be normal) but also some oil....is this normal or is there another problem? just for info, though im not sure if this means anything, when the hose is disconnected and you look into the valve there is a flap which is clogged up with crap and is in a fully open position? any info is much appreciated....cheers in advance!:1zhelp:

droberts
16-03-2009, 07:15 PM
After reading some other posts about these valves i understand they can be taken out of the equation....if i do this which pipe/hose/tube needs to be plugged?on mine there is a narrow rubber tube going into the top of the valve,a metal pipe that looks to go into the bottom of the valve and a fairly large diameter hose(the 1 that is knackered) coming from the LH side as you look at it....unfortunately i dont know which does what!