PDA

View Full Version : Exceeding service interval

hagis
16-03-2009, 01:46 PM
Am I right in assuming that my A4 won't drop into limp-mode or anything similar if I exceed the service interval?

I usually have the longlife oil put in it but get it changed every 10,000 miles. I last had this done in Oct 08 when the car was on 89,000. The car is currently on 97,500 miles and the display is telling me it needs a service. I'm thinking that as the car has done 8,000 miles in 5 months that it's quite likely that the garage forgot to reset the service indicator on the last oil change, hence the message.

Does this sound about right? It'll be getting an oil change anyway in the next month or so.

NickPicks
16-03-2009, 04:06 PM
Mine's been telling me it needs a service for the last 10,000 miles. I know the service was done, but the computer didn't get reset.

It's booked in on Thursday, so I'll make sure it gets reset this time, or reset it myself with vag-com.

onzarob
16-03-2009, 04:17 PM
I'm thinking that as the car has done 8,000 miles in 5 months

IIRC longlife has a minimum of 10K then its above that it can come in at anytime. basically your safe as you are not really skipping a service ;)

hagis
16-03-2009, 04:44 PM
Thanks gentlemen. We're off down to Cornwall for a week at the end of April and I'll probably get it changed just before then, I've a feeling the car will hit 100,000 that week.

onzarob
16-03-2009, 05:19 PM
We're off down to Cornwall

I hear its a nice part of the world ;)

hagis
17-03-2009, 01:40 PM
I think this will be our third time down there in the past 6 years. We've been to St. Ives twice and also to a place called Deerpark near Liskeard with a load of uni friends. That's what we'll be doing again this time, I'm really looking forward to it.

Mini Mark
17-03-2009, 01:51 PM
I'm off to Cornwall in the middle of April my second time down there last time 2 years ago on the second day of our holiday my mate had his rover 25 written off on the way back form the Lizard when some women came out of a side road infornt of him

Lovely part of the world last time stayed just outside St Ives not sure where were staying this year.