PDA

View Full Version : a4 high miles??

e30-magnet
15-03-2009, 05:20 PM
hi lads thanks for your help with getting my new a4,im looking at a 2003 a4 avant 1.9 tdi (130bhp) 6 speed se.. it has full audi history with no gaps but 140k miles is this to much for the age? wot problems could i come across with this miles..:approve:

A4 fan
18-03-2009, 11:32 PM
Dear e30,
I have a 04 plate 1.9tdi 130 avant. Full Audi history one owner from new (prior to me). Was worried about 98k on the clock when i looked at it, but was reassured by my mechanic brother that it was faultless. I do about 80 miles a day on dual carr/motorway (so at least all gets warmed up properly) So already on 105k. And it is fantastic. Very smooth and firm ride. Only problem was a snapped plastic lug that holds the warning triangle holder cover on tail gate closed, that set me back a mear £2.80 even when purchased from Audi dealer! So sofar so good. I think the Audi history is the critical bit in its early life and probably best if privately owned and cared for rather than a company rep thrasher, but the goes for all cars. Good luck, from A4 fan
.:beerchug:

RickT
19-03-2009, 12:44 AM
Hi there..

Look out for the cam belt and water pump.. make sure its been changed twice or arranged to get it done before..

Front Wheel bearings and cv joints seem ok to around 150k on these depending on how its been driven..

I guess it comes down to cost really... how much is it up for if you dont mine me asking?

Rick

ikstece
19-03-2009, 01:18 AM
I bought mine Yreg 1.9TDi 130 SE when it had 144K now the milleage is 174K Problems so far clutch + dual mass flywhell + water pump + brake powering (servo) not mentioning brakes, filters and all obvious things. Now I'm saving cash for cambelt and oil change. As far as Iknow it all depends how the car was mainteined before You'll get it. I need to confess I was unlucky but I still love my A4 it is very good series indeed except my particular example ;). I think I spent around £1500 on fixing so far, you know **** happens but I think my next car would be an audi anyway.

e30-magnet
22-03-2009, 12:44 PM
thanks for all your comments guys,i went to england on thursday bought a red a4 tdi 130 se avant.. it has full service history well looked after has 99k drives and looks like new i know its hard to believe but couldnt believe it myself,when i got home friday (ireland) i went to gsf got full service kit all filters and oils and timing belt and waterpump keep me busy on monday ha ha ha...gonna get a set of amg 5 spokes for it in 19s and rs4 kit drop it a little cant wait,ill post up some pictures over thhttp://www.wheeltech.com/wheels/amg/5_spoke_221_20_l.jpge next while of the progress... :o

B8 TDI
22-03-2009, 04:00 PM
lol, Merc Wheels on an audi will probably turn a few heads :)

lucas88
22-03-2009, 09:46 PM
yea, amg wheels will look errrrrrrrm... different