PDA

View Full Version : Ecu possible fault

Crwys911
15-03-2009, 11:03 AM
Can anyone help with this. My car was subjected to flooding. I was suprised to find the car started first time and drives with no faults, but the electric windows/central locking/rear tailgate latch and interior lights now won't work. I have just removed the ecu from under the passenger seat and put it in the house to dry out, but it looks quite unhealthy. Any ideas where I go from here? Thanks... Chris

B8 TDI
15-03-2009, 04:12 PM
Can anyone help with this. My car was subjected to flooding. I was suprised to find the car started first time and drives with no faults, but the electric windows/central locking/rear tailgate latch and interior lights now won't work. I have just removed the ecu from under the passenger seat and put it in the house to dry out, but it looks quite unhealthy. Any ideas where I go from here? Thanks... Chris

Could you take a photo, the damage you are seeing may just be surface corrosion, a very effective way to dry out electronics, whithout even having to open them, is to simply put in a bowl full of rice, the rice will attract all the moisture and thus dry out the electronics, works for phones, cameras etc too.