PDA

View Full Version : retrofit heated seats to 2003 A4 Cabriolet

wmccann
14-03-2009, 10:35 AM
Hi All,

I want to retrofit heated seats to my cabriolet and have been sourcing parts:

I have the heater mats, the wiring loom (Kufatec is very useful for this) and need a new climate control unit.

The original part number in the car is 8E0 820 043 K, I have got from ebay one with the reostats for the seats, part number 8E0 820 043 AM, can someone confirm this will work in my car?

Note the unit is for a car with double din stereo,

Thanks,

Walter McCann

bez101
15-03-2009, 05:38 PM
Hi All,

I want to retrofit heated seats to my cabriolet and have been sourcing parts:

I have the heater mats, the wiring loom (Kufatec is very useful for this) and need a new climate control unit.

The original part number in the car is 8E0 820 043 K, I have got from ebay one with the reostats for the seats, part number 8E0 820 043 AM, can someone confirm this will work in my car?

Note the unit is for a car with double din stereo,

Thanks,

Walter McCann
it will work but need codeing with vagcom also if u have a single slot radio and u bought a double din cc unit then theres gona be gaps when u fit it if you have leather sports seats in the cab they have the heat mate fitted anyway

wmccann
15-03-2009, 10:11 PM
Thanks Bez101,

It already had double din and the new unit I got fits perfectly.

I understood that the seats (leather) have the heat panels but I can't find the plugs under them - could they be hidden somewhere? There is a plug tucked up but that seems to be for the occupancy sensor which I don't have. I think the seats are sport seats - Have the fitted sides and the knee support that goes in and out.

If the plug could be somewhere else please let me know as I have ordered the heating elements but not received yet.

I have looked on Ross tech but can't find what coding will be necessary - any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Walter

bez101
15-03-2009, 10:17 PM
Thanks Bez101,

It already had double din and the new unit I got fits perfectly.

I understood that the seats (leather) have the heat panels but I can't find the plugs under them - could they be hidden somewhere? There is a plug tucked up but that seems to be for the occupancy sensor which I don't have. I think the seats are sport seats - Have the fitted sides and the knee support that goes in and out.

If the plug could be somewhere else please let me know as I have ordered the heating elements but not received yet.

I have looked on Ross tech but can't find what coding will be necessary - any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Walter
they only have heat pads fitted if there the sport seats so i u have a sport model there in there somewhere as for codeing just fit plug in and follow instructions on screen and use rosstec wiki its all in there get the fault code run it through the wiki and it tells u how to recode the unit