PDA

View Full Version : Prnds

arctic blue
13-03-2009, 01:22 AM
test driven a couple of scirocco diesels with dsg. ja
w. dropped:D.
i am now considering selling my passat diesel dsg (good times:approve:) and having a scirocco diesel tdi DSG. (hopefully 'really' good times)
i noticed two types of info screen.
1st had PRNDS across bottom of screen.
2nd had PRNDS down right hand side of screen .

anyone explain the difference/which type relates to which model or option. i think one maybe 'hi line spec'. any ideas?

and can anyone give me some idea of what m.p.g. the car returns in the real world. i had test drive but along twisty country lanes. not enough time to have a cruise on dual carriagway.
look forward to replies.
since front parking sensors are not an option, any suggestions/recommendations as to where to get them fitted

pumazooma
17-03-2009, 01:10 PM
Yes it's the different info screen specs. The Scirocco uses the highline one with the letters across the bottom. The only odd thing I found is that when you're in paddle shift mode the numbers go 654321 instead of the more logical 123456 (especially as pulling the right paddle is moving you up a gear so you would expect the highlighted number to move to the right).

I'm getting about 30mpg but I've only done about 100 miles so far and it's mostly ring road 50mph tootling but I did go for a blast at the weekend with a mix of A/B roads and dual carriageways and returned just under 32.

No idea on front sensors. I suspect it would be a pricey addition. I'm not sure why they left them out really as the nose dips away quite sharply and there's a lot of car beyond the windscreen isn't there!

arctic blue
17-03-2009, 02:52 PM
thanks for reply puma,
on my test drive round country lanes, lot of gear changes, saw 42mpg on obc screen. ive now noticed black roof linings and light grey/cream roof linings. am i right in guessing light = tdi and black = gt tdi?

pumazooma
17-03-2009, 02:55 PM
I have seen people mention that before and I'm not sure. It might be petrol/diesel or it might be something to do with the exterior colour too. For instance you can't get the truffle leather on all the exterior colours. I've got a rising blue with the black leather and (I think!!!) my roof lining is black.

arctic blue
18-03-2009, 12:50 AM
been told leather comes with black lining, cloth seats come with light roof lining, which i prefer,
blacks too dark for me. good luck.