PDA

View Full Version : A6 Arm rest help!!!!

Moose_man
15-03-2007, 08:16 PM
Evening all,

I’m after some help / advice with retro fitting a front centre arm rest to my year 2000 A6 Avant.

I’ve purchased the arm rest from E-bay but when I have tried to fit it in the car it looks like I need an additional bracket? The arm rest has a single, cast aluminium mounting post but this does not reach the car floor when offered up in the console or has a bolting feature inline to attach too? I’m guessing I need a ‘three legged’ type of bracket which will attach to the floor in 3-off places and hopefully fits onto the arm rest bracket via a single bolt and what looks like a ‘dove tail’ joint?

I realise I need to cut the plastic cover which sits where the arm rest would be but can anyone confirm I need an additional bracket? If so does anyone know the part number and where I might purchase one from outside of the dealer network?

If anyone has a photo or 2 of their installation with the rear compartment air vent panel and cig lighter removed I would appreciate it.

Cheers,

Mark. :beerchug:

AJO
16-03-2007, 12:54 PM
what you are saying sounds about right!

I had to fit mine as it didnt come with one..
if i remember rightly it uses to bolts and slides around something else...
i know it bolts onto the handbrake attachement and also where theres a little prong sticking out?

mine doesnt fit right though... i dont know if i have a bit missing or what but you can see the metal structure as the front of the plastic doesnt reach the console?

AJO
16-03-2007, 01:02 PM
Mine is genuine Audi yes... im assuming the other guys is too!

the after market ones look rubbish!

AJO
16-03-2007, 01:21 PM
i doubt it will be cheap lol!

is it possible for someone to post pictures of their armest and how it meets the centre console please?

Sam
16-03-2007, 01:40 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/mycarsavw/A6console.jpg

Taken from www.vagcat.com

Good luck

Moose_man
16-03-2007, 07:39 PM
I have an original Audi Arm rest so no worries there.

Looking at the diagram mycarsavw (thanks mate!) has posted I need the bracket (item 17) and also the cover (item 3) might be useful. At least I wouldent have to cut my original ;)

Thanks for the help.

M.