PDA

View Full Version : Clutch pedal stick to floor, 1006 3L tdi Q

10bob
12-03-2009, 04:46 PM
Hi, I've got a 3l tdi Quattro 2006, the clutch pedal started sticking to the floor intermitantly. Then after that burning clutch smell they tell me I need a new clutch but they can't say if it's under warrranty until the box is dropped.

I bought it from a main dealer at two years old, I've only had it 8 months and never had a clutch go on me before.

Do you guys think this will leave a hole in my pocket?

Thanks

turbine2
13-03-2009, 10:16 AM
I would guess it would be covered under warrantee. I had a similar problem with a BMW bike and it was covered.

10bob
16-03-2009, 06:52 PM
Good news, it's being done under warranty, flywheel and clutch. Bad news, the parts on back order, good news there giving me a courtesy car. I guess that's why we buy Audi!

paul b
16-03-2009, 07:14 PM
Good news, it's being done under warranty, flywheel and clutch. Bad news, the parts on back order, good news there giving me a courtesy car. I guess that's why we buy Audi!
Oh good news, sounds like something in the DMF system has failed, ahh well at least they're looking after you as best they can in the meantime. :)

turbine2
17-03-2009, 02:25 PM
That's good news. With my bike it was the clutch slave cylinder seal leaking clutch fluid onto the clutch. Contanimated clutch needed replacing along with the slave, which on my GS is a lot more work than you'd expect.