PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Aftermarket HID Kit

Tazdevil1977
11-03-2009, 08:11 PM
Hi there, can anyone help me please !!!!

I have brought many a HID Conversion kit and have fitted them to my cars with no problems......apart from my 05 Audi A4. I fit the kit and ensure that the wires are secure by splicing them into the original wires and when I fire them up, after approximately 5 mins they flicker like buggery. This is really annoying and have ensured that the ballasts are not touching the bodywork, the cables are not stressed and both the wires are secure to the original headlight wires. I have swapped ballasts over aswell. Is there something that I am missing as surely you are able to fit aftermarket HID kits to Audi A4's. Is there any additional wiring that is required. I am having to stick to halogen bulbs at the moment which I hate !!!!!!!!!. PLEASE HELP ME !!!!!!!!

Thanks for your time,

Regards,

Matt

roy2001
12-03-2009, 10:59 PM
i fitted aftermarket hids to my 04 reg a4 the only problem i had was if you started car up thenswitched lights on the dash display would come up with brake fault because of the surge in voltage for the lights however after a while the ecu must have got used to the hids because now it is all sorted. hope this helps