PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using iPHONE Bluetooth in their A8 ??

sbuk73
11-03-2009, 07:41 PM
Folks, I have recently upgraded my phone to an iPHONE as my primary handset and now it seems that although this fully integrated with the car - the voice quality of people trying to hear me on the other end has gone down ... has anyone any experience of iphone mmi sound quality issues and whether there is a specific MMI update for that problem. Car goes into Audi next week for warranty work I'll get it checked at that time .. thought I'd ask ..............:confused:

a8 tech
11-03-2009, 10:16 PM
Folks, I have recently upgraded my phone to an iPHONE as my primary handset and now it seems that although this fully integrated with the car - the voice quality of people trying to hear me on the other end has gone down ... has anyone any experience of iphone mmi sound quality issues and whether there is a specific MMI update for that problem. Car goes into Audi next week for warranty work I'll get it checked at that time .. thought I'd ask ..............:confused:
because your using the phone without the cradle the reception is weaker and also if you have laminate glass then its weaker still,try a cradle and also check your firmware version is correct for the phone prep

sbuk73
12-03-2009, 01:21 AM
So when you say Cradle, are you talking about some holder with a sticky thing I slap on my windscreen, or were you recommending some actual piece of hardware with a power source ?

a8 tech
12-03-2009, 08:32 PM
if there is no phone cradle docking base in the centre arm rest then you have sap phone (bluetooth) without a cradle