PDA

View Full Version : Sharan door rattle

Timothy
15-03-2007, 02:11 PM
Can anyone give me some advice on the cause/cure for a very annoying rattle coming from the rear left hand side door of my Sharan (2002). The rattle sounds like it is coming from inside the door panel where the window and door locking mechanisms are located, though I am most suspicious of the (manual) window winder arrangement.

I wouldn't normally be bothered but my 2 year old daughters child seat is situated in the adjacent seat, and it must be very disturbing for her, and consequently US!

Is the task of removing the door trim something to be feared? Am I likely to break all manner of fixings in the process and end up not being able to fit it back properly again afterwards?

Any one else suffered from a similar rattle and what was the cause/fix?

Look forward to any replies.

Tim

Alihambra
14-08-2011, 09:23 PM
Getting the door cards off is easy! Pull out light at bottom of door and take of multiplug,on the in side of handle is a small piece of trim that pulls off towards the door, then prise up the whole handle up and off disconnect multiplug. There are 2 10mm bolts were handle used to be take them out.When clear grab card at bottom and lift up itwill go up and then clear the lip at window, you then need a small screw driver, the cable for door handle is in a clip that pushs on, the end that has cable on just needs a little teasing at door card side to unclip it, you may need to unclip tweeter and all done! The hard bit is getting the door sound/water proofing off with out ripping it pain in the a$&e i used stanley knife and it can be reused. Make sure you get nipple on cable located properly before gently pushing clip back on. Good luck. My one has electric windows, so the only thing i cant help you with is the handle removal but they usally have a screw in the middle or a spring clip under the piece of trim in the middle