PDA

View Full Version : American Audi Quality????

russdeebrown
11-03-2009, 12:14 AM
Hi,

Im new to the board. Just purchased a 54 plate 1.8t s-line 190bhp.

Without realising, i joined another audi forum not realising it was for America. People on their board seemed to have a lot of problems with their A4's. Many of them with the oil sludging, but the problems were varied.

This may sound like a silly question, but after reading your boards i became a lot more confident in my car.

Would their be a difference in quality between an american audi and for arguments sake a British Audi?

Love the board by the way and plan on many posts with lots of questions.

Russ

SebRogers
11-03-2009, 08:24 PM
I've seen some of the US-based forums you're referring to. I'd say the difference is less likely to be production QC issues and more likely to be one of, shall we say, customer expectation. Whilst Audi has had the same kind of occasional production problems and recalls that all manufacturers have to deal with, I think American consumers in general - and buyers of expensive imported European cars in particular - set very high standards in terms of customer service and product quality. Perhaps unrealistically so, in some areas ;)

safjam
11-03-2009, 08:35 PM
:biglaugh: as you can see i am fairly new to this forum, but its great, all questions and answers are found here and there is always someone willing to help or point you in the right direction!!!!!,,,,,,,,,,regarding the american audi's, no comment, British, C'mmmmoooon, its the best, its all about the service and quality as the chap before me has just stated!

Saf:D