PDA

View Full Version : Golf MK5 Wheel sizes

heinz57
15-03-2007, 12:17 AM
Hi guys. I'm rapidly getting in a bit of a pickle and wonder if anyone can help.

I've just taken my MK5 04 plate GT TDI Golf to a VW dealer for its first MOT. Unfortunately its failed due to worn tread on the Front Tyres.

On closer inspection by VW, they have proclaimed the wheels on the car are the wrong type which is causing the tyres to rub inside the wheel arch. They are suggesting these wheels dont fit a MK5 golf, but a MK4.:confused:

I'm not inclined to believe this as the wheels that are fitted are VW own 17" Torino's which can be found in the Current Golf accessories brochure on their website. Aside from this though I cant prove or disprove that the wheels are meant for the car. I brought it from an independant dealer not VW, so I cant just leave it as problem for them to sort out.

So I guess what I'm trying to find out here is:

1) Does anyone know if these wheels can be fitted to a MK5 GT TDI golf?

2) What size wheels can be fitted to a MK 5 Golf?

2) Is there anyway to find out what wheels, optional accessories etc were fitted to the car when sold as new? Does VW log this information?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :D

S2AVANT
15-03-2007, 09:19 AM
I thought that mk5 golfs had a PCD of 5x112
Mk4 golfs have a PCD of 5x100

The offset / ET could be slightly out, though but I am not an expert on the MK5 Golf.

If you can find any part numbers on the wheels then you will know exactly what they are.

Why do these "automotive experts" not know their own products?

Sam
15-03-2007, 10:18 AM
^ He's correct, MKV are 5 x 112 with a high offset.

MKIV wheels will not fit the MKV without hub adaptors. The scrubbing could be due to an incorrect offset.

Spacers will solve the problem (if that's what it is)

heinz57
15-03-2007, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the info guys.

Is there anyway to tell what model of Golf these wheels are meant to fit? There are advertised in there current brochure so I assume that means MK5 but is there anyway to be absolutely sure?

Sam
15-03-2007, 11:53 AM
They're listed for any and every MKV Golf (including the Golf Plus)