PDA

View Full Version : Fuel leaking or blocked

mattyryder
14-03-2007, 11:38 PM
HI People
:biglaugh:
Have got a problem on a mk4 1.8t gti, the fuel cap is letting fuel out when i put my foot down(when turbo kicks in). also have notice when filling up with fuel, there's a lot of pressurer in the tank, does this mean 1 of the breather pipes are blocked, if so where are they:zx11:

Many Thanks
MattRyder

Huweth
15-03-2007, 02:25 AM
This is an interesting problem. I can't help at this point, but I wonder if you have the vent button on that car? It's just inside the rim of the filler neck once you take off the cap. Probably looks like a small black plastic knob. If you have it, push it gently and you might find that you hear a hiss as air is released from the tank. Might help. I know not all cars have this, so don't spend too long looking!

gavnjen
31-03-2009, 03:54 PM
Hi Matt,

I am having the exact same problem with my MK4 Golf Gti 1999 - any help. When I stop to refuel a lot of pressure is released when I undo the cap. I have too stop and release air from petrol tank if doing longer distance as if I dont it starts spitting out petrol. Is it the breather or something else. Thanks,

Jen.

1999 RED Golf
21-04-2009, 07:09 PM
Same here out of no where just started to leak fuel out of the filler cap after a few minutes of driving, any help would be great

1999 RED Golf
05-06-2009, 09:54 PM
Just got my car back from the garage at a cost of £454.25 it was all down to blocked pipes in the fuel tank, just to let you know if anyone else still got the same problem