PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Trouble with brakes.

uk_promonsta
09-03-2009, 10:03 PM
Can any one help? I have just fitted a new servo and bled the brakes and clutch through using a gunsons easy bleed kit i must admit the first time i bled them they were a bit spongy, so bled them again and they are now back to the same as they was before (very good). The problem is when you apply the brake once they are normal but if you pump them 3 or 4 times really fast they the pedal goes hard and the brakes aint working that well. leave them for a few seconds and they are good again. I know this souds normal but i dont think they did this before. So could this still be air in the system or faulty servo (brand new) mind, or possibly the vacuum pipes. i did check the one with the 1 way valve in and was working fine but didnt go any further. oh and if you leave your foot resting on the pedal with the engine running it will slowly creep to the floor. Would much appreciate any help. Thanks

kenney
09-03-2009, 10:56 PM
Hi If your vehicle is a diesel,what you describe,is normal.The vacuum pump can not produce,the vacuum quick enough,when you pump the brake pedal a few times

Crasher
09-03-2009, 11:00 PM
It does sound normal but check the servo to pump pipes for splits and the small diameter pipe coming off to see if you can suck a vacuum through it. If there is a leak on the small pipe, you will get a boost control 17964 error.

uk_promonsta
09-03-2009, 11:21 PM
Hi, yes it is a 1.9 diesel, i will check the pipes that crasher pointed out and see weather it is leaking, just cant remember it being like this before but then again i probably never pumped the brakes like this before. Thank you both very much for your help. I have not got a fault reader but could do with getting one me thinks. is it easy to remove the pipes to check for leaks or is there other parts i need to remove to get at it?