PDA

View Full Version : Mk4 Golf remote unlocking, only working on driver's door, with 1 or 2 keyfob presses!

boycie
14-03-2007, 10:37 PM
I have a Golf Mk4 V6 4Motion, which only remotely unlocks the driver's door. I understand that the car is programmable, in that it can be configured to open just the driver's door with one push of the remote unlock button, then the rest of the car with the second push of the button, or, the whole car with just one push. My car, however, only unlocks the driver's door no matter how many times you press the remote unlock button, or how rapidly. The strange thing is, if you then insert the key into the drivers door lock and turn it twice clockwise, the boot and other door unlock as they ought, plus, the button next to the drivers door handle inside also works as it ought, by locking or unlocking the whole car. It is just the remote operation that will not unlock the whole car! This is the same with both remote keyfobs that I have. Has anyone else experienced this please? Do you have any suggestions as to where I should start looking to 'fix' it?

willharrison
07-09-2007, 01:48 PM
Shame you haven't had a reply about your problem, because I have exactly the same one! Did you get it sorted in the end? If so - how??

mobitune
07-09-2007, 07:28 PM
Do you have or know anyone in your area vag-com? Try checking the soft coding for the RCL - possibly someone has reprogrammed in the past to just open the drivers door, or were messing and got the coding wrong. Just a guess.

I take it has been like this since you got the car, if not then possibly an electrical fault.

boycie
07-09-2007, 10:31 PM
I did get an answer to my problem, from another forum. It was suggested that I disconnect my battery, for at least 5 minutes, so that all the fault codes get a chance to delete themselves from the car's systems. I tried it (although I left it for atround an hour - whilst I changed the spark plugs) and hey presto, the remote locking of all the doors was restored. One press for the drivers door, two presses for the passenger and boot. It was as simple and inexpensive as that!

nel81
08-09-2007, 07:56 PM
I too have just had this same problem and left battery off for 5 minutes and now its works perfect!
Thanx for the advice!

drg
15-12-2010, 07:35 PM
:beerchug: Superb, just tried this on my mk4 golf 52 plate and it worked a treat. Saved a trip to the dealer which would have cost 50 quid probably. Thanks

belfastmark
26-12-2010, 06:27 PM
Hi
Reading this post, the first thing that springs to mind is the battery in the remote key fob ??

rjsdavis
17-09-2017, 08:01 PM
Thank you Boycie

Am just fixing a number of issues on my mother's Golf, and whilst it was with the mechanic, the battery went flat. The ability to unlock all doors from a double-press on the key went with it!

I've just been out, disconnected both battery cables from the terminals and left it for six minutes, and the function was restored after they were re-connected. Thanks!