PDA

View Full Version : Retrofit rear aero wiper

Marc1
08-03-2009, 11:19 PM
Just wondered if anyone's done this at all? I'm sick of the crapper standard wiper, it's almost pointless even having it!

alanstead
09-03-2009, 04:26 PM
Hi, I have a2003 A4 tdi Quattro saloon, I fitted the front aero wiper kit which vag parts used to sell. It was all original audi parts and is well worth doing. My standard wipers were crap, I had a loan car from audi and it had the aero wipers and after I drove it I had to change mine. The only problem was getting the old arms off the spindles, they were super tight and I couldnt get a puller on them, but after lots of WD and tapping they eventually popped off. If they hadnt been so stuck on the whole job would have been 15 mins, but took an hour in the end. Def worth it for the fronts.

Alan

danclyon
09-03-2009, 06:18 PM
Just wondered if anyone's done this at all? I'm sick of the crapper standard wiper, it's almost pointless even having it!

The rear one is crap I agree. Mine "failed" it's MoT last time on this (split wiper blade) and headlamp alignment (bit mad as it passed the last MoT with headlights fine and nothing changed....).

The replacement that they put on clears the glass nowhere near as good as the "split" on that failed the MoT......really crap.

Cheers,
Dan.

ram33
10-03-2009, 07:08 PM
only problem with the aero ones is i cant find anyone who sells replacement blades (pattern not original)