PDA

View Full Version : Audi A3 Bike "Carrying" Options

AudiA3Panic
08-03-2009, 10:41 PM
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and this is my first post.

Just ordered a new Audi A3 Sportback and wondered what the best option would be with regard to carrying our bikes.

We have 2 mountain bikes and 2 kids bikes.

I haven't gone with a towbar as I felt that it was too pricey, but beginning to wish I had as all aftermarket ones I have looked at involve cutting the bumper.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Thanks,
Andrew.

Scott9824
09-03-2009, 12:08 AM
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and this is my first post.

Just ordered a new Audi A3 Sportback and wondered what the best option would be with regard to carrying our bikes.

We have 2 mountain bikes and 2 kids bikes.

I haven't gone with a towbar as I felt that it was too pricey, but beginning to wish I had as all aftermarket ones I have looked at involve cutting the bumper.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Thanks,
Andrew.

Hi Andrew, welcome. I have absolutely no idea about which options are available for carrying bikes, but if you've recently ordered chances are you can still modify the spec of the car. Call your dealer tomorrow morning and see if you can still add the towbar. :)

Scott

vdubdavy
09-03-2009, 10:36 PM
Hi Andrew

With regards to carrying bikes, you could use a roof rack and and locking bike carriers, i have always found Thule ones to be the best.

If the bikes are on the roof there is less chance of them being damaged in an accident and you dont have to take them off to get in the boot.

The only downside is the wind noise and fuel consumption woud be down slightly,