PDA

View Full Version : Q7 Bent Conrod

glaekit
08-03-2009, 09:00 PM
Has anyone else experienced problem with Q7 3.0tdi running rough and off a cylinder?
Car has been inspected by Audi Garage and No3 Conrod Bent. Garage informed me that they have just replaced an engine in another Q7 the previous week with exactly same problem, bent conrod on cylinder No3.
Any info welcome.

onzarob
08-03-2009, 10:39 PM
Welcome to the site

Not something we have seen mentioned on here yet, thanks for the info. should hit the google search and you may see more sufferers.

:D

a8 tech
08-03-2009, 10:52 PM
Have you suffered any coolant loss before this occurred or excess smoke from possible defective injector,also have you driven through any big puddles causing water to be drawn into the engine.I'm not aware of any bent conrods from mechanical failure but i have seen this issue occur from the last floods in my area.

glaekit
09-03-2009, 01:08 PM
No , never seen any coolant loss or any smoking due to leaking injector. Happened after recent cold spell where temperature was as low as -16 degrees C.

discodod
09-03-2009, 08:52 PM
Glaekit,

Mrs Glaekit did'nt have transmission in sports mode & red lining the rev counter did she????

lee1970
18-02-2012, 06:16 PM
hi all. we been having poor running & excess smoking with are q7 after a lot of time & work found no3 cyliner con rod bent.
did not go throught flood,air filter nice & dry,did you ever get to the bottom of this one as to the fault to cause this,as rebuilt cost is going to be big money,