PDA

View Full Version : internitent acceleration problem

andy79
18-12-2005, 11:35 PM
Hi guys ive just joined up tonight and hopefully someone can help me with my problem.I bought a 1999 v reg golf turbo last month. It had been stood around prior to me buying it (flat battery, all tyres with low air pressure)so finally got them sorted and decided to book the car in for full major service at vw including cambelt on Friday.The cars done 69000 with no history of cambelt replacement.I noticed last Monday that the car was sluggish when cold then a mile down the road the problem went and the car ran as normal. The day after it started fine then halfway through my journey i lost its normal responsive acceleration and the car was jerking when at the lights.When i got home and left it idling there was a strong smell coming from the exhaust like un burnt fuel and the engine was jumping around.Throughout the week ive had this problenm where the car will be normal, then it will run rough like misfiring then it will just clear and run normal again.I told vw when i took it in on firday though it didnt happen when i took it there or brought it home.They found no problems. Ive read some of your old threads, i wondered if it was to a problem with the coils but i would have thought it would run rough all the time?can annyone shine a light please!!!

stuart
19-12-2005, 05:37 PM
Hi

May be worth checking the Catalyst or Lambda probe

Stuart