PDA

View Full Version : How To Retrofitting Original Xenon headlight

unrealcy
08-03-2009, 10:36 AM
Hi again all.
I am planning to retrofit the original Xenon headlights to my 55 plate plate A4 S-line saloon. Now I have read a lot of threads about this in here, and and I know that besides the head units, i will also need the auto-leveling headlights controller from Kufatek, and also if possible the headlights washer system.
Now i have already ordered the auto leveling unit, and a new bumper with the headlight washer system holes on, but I can't locate the actual headlights from anywhere (besides audi dealer), and also need if possible the headlight washer system, since the bumper I ordered only has the holes for the system.

Any help will be really appreciated.

Issac Hunt
08-03-2009, 10:40 AM
Audi could well be your only option. Xenons come up for sale very rarely. There are loads on Ebay.de but of course these are no good as they are LHD versions. RHD ones do appear on Ebay from time to time but not very often sadly.

Keep searching breakers yards and Ebay, you might get lucky!

unrealcy
08-03-2009, 10:50 AM
Thanks issac for the reply. I remember that kufatec used to sell a xenon upgrade kit, but they don't now any more. Aren't there any other independents that sell the kit ???

Flakmunky
08-03-2009, 11:52 AM
Try this... (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-A4-B7-Bi-Xenon-Headlights_W0QQitemZ320347011493QQcmdZViewItemQQpt ZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item320347 011493&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318) You are going to an awful lot of expense here, though! Is it really worth it?!

Issac Hunt
08-03-2009, 12:25 PM
I'd get the part numbers and make 100% sure they are for RHD cars, I've seen several sellers trying to pass off LHD lights as being RHD.

Its a lot of cash though! I had Xenons on my old A4 but dont have them on my new A6, thought I'd miss them but I really dont. Standard headlights are more than good enough for the driving I do.

Flakmunky
08-03-2009, 12:45 PM
What Issac says x 2...

Issac - I know with the Golf MkV I had, there was a lever to swap between LHD and RHD - is there anything similar with the Audi xenons?

As for cash, this must be getting close to a grand... for lights... and not even the adaptive ones... For that money you could get an RNS-E, Bluetooth and a remap...

kodkod.84
08-03-2009, 01:09 PM
I was toying with this retro-fit too but all the indie garages I spoke too said the same thing- looking at £1000 upwards to get a tidy job out of it.

I naively thought it would be straight swap headlight units, tinker with VAG-COM and away you go but there's more to it!

Flakmunky
08-03-2009, 01:18 PM
Isn't that always the case?!

I've been looking at an auto dimming rearview mirror retrofit... I knew the windscreen boss was a different size but was hoping I could modify the mirror, the ball joint or the boss...

After buying one from Yorkshireman on here (great guy, would have no worries trading with him again, by the way) I have had both mirrors in bits to see if I could make a Frankenmirror. It can't be done. The only solution would be a new windscreen which is a cost too far for me.

So this also means retrofitting auto / coming / leaving home lights isn't an easy retrofit either!

Issac Hunt
08-03-2009, 03:15 PM
You can adjust the Xenon beam pattern with vag-com but it doesnt change fully from RHD to LHD. It merely 'flattens' a RHD beam pattern so you can drive abroad if you know what I mean?

I just did the auto-dimming mirror retro-fit, just got the side mirros to sort out. Mine was easy though as my car already had auto-wipers so the windscreen mounting point is the same!

S_Line
09-03-2009, 11:21 PM
k m